Permission problems when creating New Items

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Deshondra Harley

Permission problems when creating New Items

Post by Deshondra Harley »

Hi,

I was setting up my first items last night for sale on the kitely marketplace, I noticed I was having some issues with the system displaying the permissions incorrectly even though they were set right in my Kitely avatars inventory. is there a way you can take a look and make sure no problems with the system are going on?

Thanks,
These users thanked the author Deshondra Harley for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Permission problems when creating New Items

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Deshondra,

Kitely Market uses the permissions as they were when the item was last added to your inventory. Those may be different from what you're currently seeing if you had made permission changes to the items in your inventory instead of doing so while the item was rezzed. This is because permission changes are only applied on rezzed items and changes made while the item is not rezzed are just pending. This behavior was designed by Linden Lab and OpenSim copied it for compatibility with the Second Life delivered viewers (such as Firestorm). Please read about the Slam Bit on this page for details: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

Because of the Slam Bit you need to rez items and ensure their permissions are set as you wish them to be then add them back to your inventory and from there to Kitely Market. Once you've done that the permissions that you see in the marketplace will match those that you see in your inventory.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Tess JuelDeshondra HarleyChris Namaste
Deshondra Harley

Post by Deshondra Harley »

Hi Ilan,

Thank you so much, I never knew about the SLAM bit protocol. And I have been a Second Life User Since 2007! LOL
These users thanked the author Deshondra Harley for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Deshondra Harley wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Hi Ilan,

Thank you so much, I never knew about the SLAM bit protocol. And I have been a Second Life User Since 2007! LOL
Oh, you've been lucky then. You won't find many productive LL creator-merchants who haven't had to learn about it the hard way. Btw, even though Ilan is diplomatic about it as usual, LL does actually admits the whole thing was a mistake they can't fix, not a deliberate "feature".
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteDeshondra Harley