Debug errors

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Ada Radius

Debug errors

Post by Ada Radius »

I'm trying to write a KM listing for a complex avatar, and i'm getting this:
Problems found: 1 error
Deliver debug version
I had the debug version sent to me, but none of the items show in red. What do I do next?
Ada Radius

Re: Debug errors

Post by Ada Radius »

It may be a problem with mesh that's set to Bakes on Mesh? The diffuse texture is supposed to get picked up by the skin and clothing layers, and I also added bump and specular maps for some of them. Suggestions?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

Can you please give me a link to the Kitely Market listing you're referring to?
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

https://www.kitely.com/market/product/5 ... tabby/edit

My naming could be improved - I didn't realize that my folder name in inventory carried to the listing and can't be changed after that - it was the first time I'd tried that. 'll delete the whole listing after I check the textures again, the most likely place for errors, s you've said. I had tried uploading one asset at a time, in different orders, it is the BoM pieces that are the problem. None of those pieces are up now, so the error message is not showing. I'll try re-saving the BoM pieces without any more than the skin layer and upload the system clothing separately. Which means the recipients will have to bake them. That takes a few seconds up to a few minutes, depending on server resources.

Along with the debug delivery not showing the problem assets in red, I also noticed that removing assets does not necessarily remove the error message, making it more difficult to figure out which asset has a problem. But I didn't keep track of my workflow well enough to be useful.

Thank you! Any insights would be helpful.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Well, I tried it again.
deleted the old listing
checked all the textures again
put the clothing layers in a separate folder, not added yet
created a new listing
added the the folder that has the minimum needed to make the avatar: mesh parts, some of which are Bakes on Mesh compatible, plus shape, skin, eyes, hair layers - the required body layers.

I still have an error, and the debug delivery is not showing items in red. I also got: We couldn't deliver "xxx" to your inventory. Although it did.

https://www.kitely.com/market/product/5 ... -lady/edit

help?
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Oren saves the day, not for the first time. The hack to fix this particular error, which has to do with asset Material, is to delete the item at the KM listing. Inworld, wear the item, edit, switch to planar mapping, and back to default. This forces the viewer to create a new Material. Then add it back to the KM listing. Weird but worked.

OK I feel weird even talking about it, and I should know better - I've been spending quite a lot of time lately delving into Viewer xml files and such, working on armatures. I know how odd this code is, and I'm not even a programmer..
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Ilan Tochner