Any way for a Merchant to send a product to an avatar

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Ada Radius

Any way for a Merchant to send a product to an avatar

Post by Ada Radius »

Is there a way for a Merchant to send one of her own products from a Kitely Market listing to another avatar? For testing, replacing a faulty item, etc., and still get the Export permission.

Sorry if this has been covered - I've been doing forum and google searches and haven't found an answer. Or even the question, lol. And I can't possibly be the only merchant who needs this.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAlexina Proctor
Ilan Tochner

Re: Any way for a Merchant to send a product to an avatar

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

You can allow KC, then buy the item from your own store and set Deliver To to the avatar you wish to buy it from. You'll need to have enough KC to pay that price but you'll immediately get 90% of those KC back.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

A kindly friend pointed it out to me: Test Delivery, under Manage Images.
I have left-right directional dyslexia - very common in artists. I know two others in Kitely community alone, and of course there are more, including about half of my immediate family. Until I memorize the location of each toggle and link, moving my eyes up and down in columns, I don't find things on pages. The offset is that those of us with this usually test off the charts in perception of 3D space, another reason so many of us are in virtual worlds. And why Blender is my happy place.
The two most excruciating web pages for me are the YouTube upload settings page, and Kitely Market Products page. It is what it is.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The Test Delivery function wasn't designed as a way to distribute content from Kitely Market for free, it was designed to enable merchants to test their products before offering them for sale. If you want to send buyers a newer version of a product that they bought then you can use the Redeliver feature in your Sales History page. Using that feature will send the latest version of your product to the buyer.

Notes about using Test Delivery:

When performing a test delivery, we change the Owner ID of all the prims (and their inventory items) to the special avatar "Kitely Market". This is done to let merchants see the same permissions that their buyers will see. If we didn't do this then the Owner ID would remain unchanged, which would mean that the merchant would be the (current) owner, and that would give merchants more permissions than their buyers (who get next owner permissions) will get and thus prevent merchants from finding permission-related problems that their buyers may encounter.

The Test Delivery feature determines where to deliver the product according to the last delivery target that was chosen in the Shopping Cart. In order to prevent surprises, if that delivery target isn't set to "My Kitely Avatar" then we show a warning to the merchant before delivering the product.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I just need it to get help with testing. Delivery working fine, now that I've memorized where that link is located.
My Bakes on Mesh attachments, not so much. I posted that in a new thread. and emailed Oren.