ROSE CASTLE PURCHASE FOR $15.00

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Gwyddion Oakley

Re: ROSE CASTLE PURCHASE FOR $15.00

Post by Gwyddion Oakley »

Hello everyone.

My apologies for coming late to this discussion.

I am glad to now be aware of all the issues that my customers have had with my Castle in other grids, with other physics engines.

Sadly I am not a very technical person, more of an artist who has taught themselves to create in 3D, so I am very happy to refund anyone who feels that I have not given a good service, or who is having problems with an item they have bought from me.

If given time, I am sure I can figure out how to make it work. But I see I am already late, and no doubt this is not a desirable option now.

I have sent private messages to the persons who messaged me, and hopefully can resolve this to everyone's satisfaction in a speedy manner.
These users thanked the author Gwyddion Oakley for the post (total 5):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerSnoots DwagonGregg LegendaryChris Namaste
Gwyddion Oakley

I would like to also add, that my other buildings have been constructed and tested in Kitely, so to avoid any further issues I will now edit them in the catalogue so that they may not be exported in future, and change the prices accordingly.

I hope this may prevent any future problems with other gridly physics engines being incompatible.
These users thanked the author Gwyddion Oakley for the post (total 5):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerSnoots DwagonGregg LegendaryChris Namaste
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Gwyddion Oakley wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:06 pm
... to avoid any further issues I will now edit them in the catalogue so that they may not be exported in future, and change the prices accordingly.
I hope this may prevent any future problems with other gridly physics engines being incompatible.
Actually, Kitely has all three physics engines in operation on different worlds, so I'm not sure that cancelling the export feature would be of benefit. You're likely to have issues within Kitely itself, depending on what physics engine is in use.

My recommendation, seller-to-seller: indicate at the beginning of your product description which physics engine(s) the item is known to work with... and include instructions on how to make it work with non-compatible engines like Ubode (ie, the phantom with invisible platform trick). That should solve the core of the issues. : )
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Gwyddion OakleyGregg LegendaryChris Namaste
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Gwyddion Oakley

Thank you Snoots,

Having just sat up till 6am, trying to figure out what is going on, I am very glad of your help.

I am also grateful to Dot, for explaining how to change and find the current engine which is in use.

So basically, spending a couple of months working on the upload of my Castle into Kitely, and rebuilding the whole thing from the dungeons up to the secret towers, to incorporate the 'Kitely' physics, was actually only a third of the work required to make it compatible? And what is being requested by Mane Shieldmaiden and Tess Juel, and indeed recommended by other creators, is that I must do this work 3 times, in order to make the physics compatible with any sim?!!

If this is the case, then I certainly will be charging more than $15 as it would be 6 months of work in total.
These users thanked the author Gwyddion Oakley for the post (total 4):
Gregg LegendaryChris NamasteSelby EvansSnoots Dwagon
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

What I suggest, Gwyddion, is to make clear at the start of the listing that the castle is designed for ODE physics only, as Snoots says.

It might also be worth testing if the current build works with Bullet physics as it is, without further modification -- if it does, add that information to the listing as well.

Other merchants already do something like that. For example, Ozwell Wayfarer of Worlds End Landscaping makes clear that some of his buildings and other models were designed under OpenSim 0.8. Witchy does something similar (though unfortunately she has withdrawn from sale many of her lovely builds because of this issue).

Leave the castle as it is for now and go on to create new things that cope with ubODE.

Otherwise all the joy of building in OpenSim will be totally lost. And that would be a great shame.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGregg LegendarySnoots Dwagon
Gregg Legendary

Post by Gregg Legendary »

Question: Wouldn't reuploading using the high setting in physics resolve the issue for all the various formats?
Mane Shieldmaiden

Post by Mane Shieldmaiden »

Snoots Dwagon wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:24 am
Mane Shieldmaiden wrote: THEN SELLORS SHOULD NOT BE SELLING MESH THAT BUYERS CANNOT USE ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE PRICED AT $15.00 AND PEOPLE FEEL LIKE THEY ARE BEING RIPPED OFF BECAUSE THE SELLOR WILL NOT RESPOND OR REFUND FOR BAD MESH. IF THEY ARE GOING TO SELL MESH IT SHOULD BE MADE ADAPTIBLE PRODUCT FOR OPEN SIM OR ANY SIM.
On Kitely Market each product has a REPORT button, which allows you to report an item that doesn't live up to expectations. I've never used it and am not sure how it works, but if I had problems with a product and couldn't get the merchant to answer, I'd do two things:

1) Press that report button

2) Review the item on Kitely Market

That's what I do on Amazon when a fraudulent item is present there. I report it to the company, then give it a 1-star review and the reasons for doing so. Seems like Kitely has a similar arrangement. These forums are good for finding solutions to the problem (and some have been posted above), but dealing with the item itself is best accomplished via tools on Kitely Market.

And sometimes... one just has to realize that in every field there are bad merchants and even shysters. On SL market I often see freebie and even copybotted items sold, and the merchant getting away with it (at least for a while). There are times when we just have to recognize this reality and for the sake of our own blood pressure, let it go and simply not do business with that merchant again.

But as stated, there's the Report button and the Review section. Those are fairly powerful tools. People read reviews... and those reviews can significantly affect sales.
**** THE CREATOR OF ROSE CASTLE DID REPLY TO ME IN SECOND LIFE AND IS WILLING TO WORK OUT A RESOLUTION. HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY HONEST PERSON. MY APOLOGIES FOR LOSING MY MARBLES ON THIS PLATFORM****
These users thanked the author Mane Shieldmaiden for the post (total 3):
Snoots DwagonGwyddion OakleyGregg Legendary
Mane Shieldmaiden

melinda lucy wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:24 pm
Gregg Legendary wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:27 am
when ubit made the decision to not make allowances for faulty meshes, I was at first upset, but that was long ago and over the years I have slowly, got 0n board his train of thought, I mean its not that hard to make proper mesh or even a close to proper mesh that will work. I think the real issue in not the improper mesh but the creator not responding to the customer's complaint in a timely manor getting the issue escalated to ilan when he has bigger fish to fry...mmm fish... anywho's if an item.. especially a 15 dolla item fails like this it should be removed from the market, i know that sounds harsh but to many 15 dolla is a fortune...
Absolutely correct detection.
I CONTACTED IAN BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE PLAYING WITH THE LITTLE GUYS. LOL IAN I FIND IS DOWN TO EARTH AND I'VE ALWAYS FELT HUMBLE AND HE DEALS WITH ANYTHING ON THE SPOT. IT'S A HABIT FOR ME TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO ARE AT THE TOP. THANKS IAN FOR ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE. IT MAY HELP WITH OTHERS HAVING SAME ISSUES THAT FEEL THEY CANNOT CONFRONT. I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I WEAR GLASSES. NOT SHOUTING.........LOL
These users thanked the author Mane Shieldmaiden for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGregg Legendary
Mane Shieldmaiden

Tess Juel wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:36 pm
Mane Shieldmaiden wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:40 pm
PEOPLE FEEL LIKE THEY ARE BEING RIPPED OFF BECAUSE THE SELLOR WILL NOT RESPOND OR REFUND FOR BAD MESH.
The seller hasn't logged on to Kitely for more than three months so they never got your message. I know that's not neccessarily an excuse but at least it's an explanation.
Mane Shieldmaiden wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:40 pm
IF THEY ARE GOING TO SELL MESH IT SHOULD BE MADE ADAPTIBLE PRODUCT FOR OPEN SIM OR ANY SIM.
Absolutely! Unfortunately that's not an uncommon problem.
I FINALLY FOUND HIM ON SECOND LIFE AND HE'S WILLING TO WORK OUT A RESOLUTION. HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY NICE PERSON.
These users thanked the author Mane Shieldmaiden for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSnoots DwagonGwyddion OakleyGregg Legendary
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Mane Shieldmaiden wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm
I FINALLY FOUND HIM ON SECOND LIFE AND HE'S WILLING TO WORK OUT A RESOLUTION. HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY NICE PERSON.
Yesh, there is an old principle of communications: talk with the person directly, first. It often proves the fastest, easiest and nicest way to get a solution. If that doesn't work, then go to the supervisor. Chain of command works two directions. The merchant is always the first step in that chain, because like you said, there's always the chance s/he's a nice person. :)
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 2):
Gwyddion OakleyGregg Legendary
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~