How to set up and stock a store on Kitely Market

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Dot Matrix

How to set up and stock a store on Kitely Market

Post by Dot Matrix »

How to create a store on Kitely Market
  1. Decide on your store name, and create a banner image 700x100 pixels and a thumbnail image 800x600pixels.
  2. Go to https://www.kitely.com and from the Kitely menu bar at the top, click on the dropdown list under your account name on the right and select "Create store" under the "My Store" heading
  3. In the dialog box that opens, type in your store name and add a short description in the "About" area (both can be changed later).
  4. Click the "Next" button and choose what email notifications (if any) you would like Kitely to send you. Then click the "Create" button.
  5. On the page that opens (the Store Home page) you can upload your store banner image and the thumbnail. Add your PayPal details if you want items to sell for US dollars. You can also tweak the store name and "About" text.
The Store Home page is central to managing your store, including adding products to sell, marketing them, analysing sales etc. You can get to it at any stage via the Kitely website menu bar, in the drop-down menu under your account name on the right: My Store > Manage Store.

==============================
Would anyone like to try writing a simple and focused step-by-step explanation of how to add a product, say for a single item of clothing?

The problem is that Kitely Market is pretty sophisticated and has a lot of bells and whistles, but these can overcomplicate the process of getting an item listed. What can be safely ignored when listing your first product?

Possible sources of information:
The blog post Kitely Market is now open to merchants explains some of the basics with illustrations, but it is very out of date and is mixed up with early marketing messages

Official Kitely docmentation Kitely Market -- an "Overview" that goes into a lot of detail, justifying the choices made in setting up the Market in the first place, but it isn't a user-friendly or particularly practical guide (no info on aspect ratios of images, for example).

See also the pages listed at the end of the overview, especially
Product Listing Guidelines,
Respecting Intellectual Property, and
(not listed on the overview) Maturity Ratings Guidelines.

=========
Post edited 8 Feb 2022 to reflect the new location for the store management menu.
Last edited by Dot Matrix on Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 9):
Ilan TochnerGregg LegendarySelby EvansChris NamasteSnoots DwagonAda RadiusGraham MillsAlexina ProctorKoshari Mahana
Gregg Legendary

Re: How to set up and stock a store on Kitely Market

Post by Gregg Legendary »

What I really need is a youtube video on making an add and adding variations... I am sooo lame i still don't get variations.....
These users thanked the author Gregg Legendary for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteSnoots DwagonAda Radius
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:) yes, i feel same as gregg,
people DO NOT read all that info (its experience & reality)
they DO watch vids & movies while doing someth else etc

:D (please know : caps are not shouting, are just to be sure i dont miss to add someth & that is read (lol)
Last edited by Chris Namaste on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Gregg Legendary
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

to gregg,
if u want, (when our both healths permit)
i can teach u variations in voice
sharing screens or so,
tc my friend,
i had it hard to o at first, ilan had to use loads of his patience (always grateful to ilan he did)
now i can pass it on
isnt that why we learn - to share & help others with,
christa
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerGregg LegendaryAda RadiusDot Matrix
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Some people seem to do well with videos. Others do well with text. My experience is that a good, text-based guide with up-to-date, detailed visual screen shots highlighted to show the point being made works very well. I know myself, when I see a video that's an hour and a half long titled, "An Easy Introduction to Blender"... the length of the video itself intimidates me. Even 20 minutes is established to act as a deterrent to today's generation of instant-gratification. But I can follow a well-illustrated instruction page step by step and get there... because I see in the screenshots what's on my screen (or at least a close resemblance).

Never hurts to have both, if someone wants to put in the time. This is ordinarily something I'd jump right in to, but I'm currently working on another major Kitely project and don't wish to spread too thin. So we need another masoch.. uh... volunteer. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

the idea is NOT to make such long vids lol,
-topic per topic,
so pple can choose what step they need to get into

10 min per topic or so, very do-able, and fun to see & hear (real human voice)

long vids is same effect as long texts : pple cant botter to read-view
;)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 3):
Ada RadiusSnoots DwagonDot Matrix
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Dot Matrix wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 pm
How to create a store on Kitely Market
  1. Decide on your store name, and create a banner image 700x100 pixels and a thumbnail image 800x600pixels.
  2. Go to https://www.kitely.com and from the Kitely menu bar at the top, click on the "Go to" dropdown list and select "Create store" under the "My Store" heading
  3. In the dialog box that opens, type in your store name and add a short description in the "About" area (both can be changed later).
  4. Click the "Next" button and choose what email notifications (if any) you would like Kitely to send you. Then click the "Create" button.
  5. On the page that opens (the Store Home page) you can upload your store banner image and the thumbnail. Add your PayPal details if you want items to sell for US dollars. You can also tweak the store name and "About" text.
The Store Home page is central to managing your store, including adding products to sell, marketing them, analyzing sales etc. You can get to it at any stage via the Kitely website menu bar, Go to > Manage Store.
Nice concise wording!!! I'd add to this, to keep workflow manageable, something like: "While you're in Photoshop or Gimp: You will also need 1600x1200 images for each of your product variations."

@ everyone having problems: Ya, I find doing the KM listings painful too, mostly because I'm left-right dyslexic and don't see text if I have to track from left to right.
If you're having problems with variations and product attributes, could be why. For me, they literally disappear, even though I've memorized where they're supposed to pop up, somewhere off to the unseeable right. Most forms and software interfaces drop selections down now, rather than to the right, fortunately. Maybe KM will upgrade eventually too.

(A LOT OF 3D CGI ARTISTS HAVE THIS PROBLEM, We may be killer in 3D digital space, but 2D images, or filling out forms designed like this, can take a long long time. I was lucky to be in a family of this tribe, where a couple of the older auntie/mothers learned to be tutors to help us with workarounds. Now there are well paid tutors who do this for a living. My granddaughter sees one twice a week. She is also killer in 3D space, no worries about how she's gonna earn a living, lolol.)
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Graham MillsSnoots DwagonSelby EvansDot Matrix
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Off subject, but isn't Ada's profile photo like da most ebil cat grin on da Net? I luvs it. Don't neber change it Ada. Best cat profile ever. :lol:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Ada Radius
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Selby has made a video tutorial:
Selby Evans wrote: Listing products on Kitely Marketplace: A video tutorial. ...
A simple "how to list your items on Kitely Market" video to help new people offer products on Kitely Market.
https://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com ... itely.html