Our ads not good visible in Ki MP ?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Chris Namaste

Our ads not good visible in Ki MP ?

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi :)
can anyone please check this as well?
it seems the ads we pay for in ki mp, become (almost?) invisible

request, can you-other people-as many as possible (lol) test this too?

so, u open ki mp and u wish to see newest items right (thats what customers like & mostly choose for)
there u see loads of new ads of kitely (which is super ofc)

and 'ours' seems to be burried under? i've tested it a few days (seeing 'more' with arrow and doing alt 5-refresh)
today i didnt find any ad anymore -(after about 20 refreshes) is it me or can this be adapted so the paid advertisements of artists-creators can be seen 'first' for customers?

or is it a choice to see all (about 9 or 10 i think?) ads from kitely are seen before all others?
i honestly fear that customers will miss our paid ads than? :'(
please help checking to see 'what you' see?
thanksies
christa
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Dot Matrix

Re: Our ads not good visible in Ki MP ?

Post by Dot Matrix »

On the default Kitely Market page (no option selected) I refreshed the page 20 times and saw only Kitely banner ads.

Then I clicked the New option (sorts items by date] and saw Chris’s small ad for hair (no others) one time in four refreshes. All the others were Kitely banner ads.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Chris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

There is a limited number of advertising slots in each Kitely Market category. Product ads get 1 slot, store ads get 3 slots and Kitely ads get 1 slot (even though they are as big as store ads). There are currently 12 Kitely ads on the front page which means that non Kitely ads can still take up to 80% of the available slots on that page. You currently have 1 product ad running on the front page which means your product ad will be displayed between 1.67% and 7.69% of page refreshes, depending on the number of other non Kitely ads running on that page.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Does that mean that if more merchants advertised, everyone's ads would be more visible than Kitely's?

The impression I'm getting at the moment is that it isn't worth merchants advertising because any advert is simply swamped by Kitely banners.

Perhaps it would be fairer to merchants to reduce the number of Kitely banners when the number of merchant ads is low. It might also help encourage merchants to take ads out, if they see other merchants' ads.

Though I do understand that Kitely also needs to advertise, perhaps keeping it to just one advert every other refresh would look better and help merchants and customers more.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thx dot for checking it out & your second post (i totally feel same as what uwrote)

thx ilan for responding & your info

how it is atm (to my feeling & experience), is that we see less n less ads from artists-merchants who pay for an ad in ki mp than when i first arrived in ki mp
now i understand why :)

i didnt do it anymore since i didnt notice any diffrence in 'selling that product' ive advertised,
altho it does mean extra attention to 'your shop' and pple might go see your store & like other items-products, so, its worth to invest in right, its also good for kitely that we extra invest & contribute in this way

if we pay 3dollar for a called 'small' ad, thats up for one week, and pple barely or cant see it, its basically not worht to do so since its 'overwritten' by so many ki ads now

a simple solution for this might be : people who pay, their ads show up first when customers visit ki mp before all the kitely's - if that issimple 'to do' i donno ofc :)

it would encourage people to advertise more (like before) and bring money in for kitely, thats important as well - benefit for all parrties included

also, i wonder if pple who visit ki mp, who come to look to buy products, really need 'all that' info 'there'?

pple who wish to buy-rent etc in kitely, do they come see ki mp for that info?
i doubt it? (i donno?) and still -) they might be attracted to the idea by seeing the new possibilities in kitely, ofcourse as well

its rare i see 2 or 3 ads of paying merchants lately,
i friendly ask if its possible to :
encourage 'all of us' to pay for ads by :
- showing our payd ads at 'newest' or 'new option' (like dot wrote), all the kitely ads will follow after the payd ones,
- if it cant be done i respect that, result will sadly be that hardly anyone will still find it worth to pay so much money for one week & not being noticed :(

thanksies
christa
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Dot Matrix
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I think you misunderstood the math. Kitely ads get up to 20% of the slots on the marketplace front page. They aren't shown anywhere else.

The slots define the frequency the ads can be shown. So, if your product ad has one slot out of a possible 60 then your ad will be shown at least 1/60 of the time. As up to 3 product ads are shown at a time (as opposed to a single Kitely ad or a single store ad), if a product ad is selected for display then 2 additional product ads will be selected as well (if they exist) in order to fill the entire featured ads area. So if there are 3 product ads running on the front page, 1 store ad and 12 Kitely ads the likelihood of the ads appearing are:

Kitely ads: 12/18 = 66.67% (5.55% for each ad because if one is selected then others can't be)
Product ads: 3/18 = 16.67% (16.67% for each ad because if one is selected so will the other two)
Store ad: 3/18 = 16.67% (5.55% for each ad because if one is selected then others can't be)

If however, there are 30 product ads running, 6 store ads and 12 Kitely ads then the likelihood of the ads appearing are:

Kitely ads: 12/60 = 20% (1.67% for each ad because if one is selected then others can't be)
Product ads: 30/60 = 50% (~5% for each ad because a product ad was selected and this ad was one of the 3 chosen to be displayed)
Store ads: 18/60 = 30% (5% for each ad because if one is selected then others can't be)

In other words the likelihood of a product ad being shown is very decent even with the 12 Kitely ads running and is only low when the number of product ads running is lower than 3.

You can see your store analytics page to see how many impressions your ads got and how many page views you got as a result. The conversion rate is quite good so advertising is often worthwhile if the product is high quality enough and priced right so that it only needs marketing to sell. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ly-market/
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

test
(did you see this topic appearing w the new forumtopics?)
i havent so this is a test
thanks,christa
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

I don't understand your last comment. What exactly were you testing?
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi ilan,
that this post did not,show where all the new posts show (when we open fs etc)
where we see new forumposts,
new ki mp items,
ill add a printscreen fyi :) thanks ilan
Attachments
2021-03-23 14_22_56-Firestorm-Releasex64 6.4.13.63251.png
2021-03-23 14_22_56-Firestorm-Releasex64 6.4.13.63251.png (321.57 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

That's because only forums topics that have received at least one Thanks from Oren or myself are included. Now that I've given one to your previous comment this topic thread will be included (the viewer login page is updated once per 5 minutes so this won't happen immediately).
Chris Namaste