To box, or not to box, that is the question

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Oren Hurvitz

Re: To box, or not to box, that is the question

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Tess Juel wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:30 am
However, the text in the description of the test box I sent started with "https://www.kitely.com/market/product/". That seems like a very good identifier. I've sent Oren an IM asking him to confirm that this is consistent.
This is true for all regular deliveries: the description field contains a link to the product page in Kitely Market. The URL might be truncated if it's longer than the maximum allowed description length, but the beginning of the URL will always be present.

There are also some special types of deliveries that send only one item, and in those cases the delivery isn't part of an Order, so the description field is empty. This happens, for example, when a merchant uses the special "Test" delivery. I guess you can ignore these cases.

But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to rely on this field. What if we want to change it in the future? Perhaps there's some other attribute we can set on the box, that will identify it as a delivery box?
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 3):
Tess JuelRezMela AppsJohn Mela
Tess Juel

Re: To box, or not to box, that is the question

Post by Tess Juel »

Oren Hurvitz wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:25 am
This is true for all regular deliveries: the description field contains a link to the product page in Kitely Market. The URL might be truncated if it's longer than the maximum allowed description length, but the beginning of the URL will always be present.
That's great. There's no need to check the whole string anyway. This should solve the problem then - unless I've managed to make some stupid typo in the code that is:

Code: Select all

if(llGetSubString(llGetObjectDesc( ),0,37)!="https://www.kitely.com/market/product/"){
	[code to execute]
}
There are also some special types of deliveries that send only one item, and in those cases the delivery isn't part of an Order, so the description field is empty. This happens, for example, when a merchant uses the special "Test" delivery. I guess you can ignore these cases.
I can ignore it since there are two additional items I always include in my listings. But I think this is relevant to other merchants too so: don't sell a script as a single item outside Kitely unless it's ok for it to run inside the box it's delivered in.
But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to rely on this field. What if we want to change it in the future? Perhaps there's some other attribute we can set on the box, that will identify it as a delivery box?
I don't really expect you to put that much effort into it. I know KM is more of a loss leader than an income source for Kitely and we should all be thankful for the great work you have done already to give us merchants a way to seel our builds on HG and our customers a way to purchase legal copies of commercial content.
But if you want to and have time to look at it, the llGetCreator(); function I mentioned earlier is probably the best option. Make an account named Kitely Market and use it as the creator of the boxes.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerRezMela AppsJohn Mela