Graphical Errors on Marketplace Items

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Michael Timeless

Graphical Errors on Marketplace Items

Post by Michael Timeless »

Recently, I've noticed graphical errors (ranging from EOC codestream errors to missing asset messages) on some of my older marketplace purchases. I often purchase Marketplace items for use in my own grid simply because some of the content creators here are much better than I will ever be. But over the past week, I've used products from a few vendors that simply error out although they have the correct permissions and have been legally purchased. Any thoughts on this?
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Graphical Errors on Marketplace Items

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Michael,

Please send me details of the specific product listings you are referring to.
Michael Timeless

Ilan
The products are two older purchases from Market Place that now show [Archiver Warnings] about missing refences or assets. The products themselves are working fine. I've only seen this error before on some much older Selea Core products. Both of these vendors are excellent and I've made quite a few purchases from each over the years. The two Kitely specific products are:

Witchy's - WWD Bathroom - Purchased 7-1-2018
StudioSkye - Animated Water - Purchased 7-7-2018

Again both are working and it could be an archiver warning error, I've read that some vendor graphic files had issues a few years back. But in the case of StudioSkye they are so professional...well you know, accidents happen.

Not looking for a refund, just curious if this is a problem with some products or a sign that my grid may have issues that I've missed. I run bone stock Dreamgrid the last few years for my disabled vets and it's had no prior issues. Guess as I get older I get paranoid. Marketplace has been a savior for purchases for out grid. I ban all copybots so they have little choice but to build or buy.

Take care my friend.
Mike
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'm still not clear on what you're reporting. Is the error being shown by Kitely Market during purchase or delivery or is it being shown by the grid you had previously had the items delivered to without a problem but now that grid is giving you errors when you try to view them?
Michael Timeless

Sorry.
The error are occurring during routine backups of the .OAR files. Every night I run a backup if work has been done on the system (small grid problems :D my users tell me if they've done work and I back them up manually). Last week while backing up my own region I started seeing archiver errors during those backups. I also noticed them when I shut the region down and restarted it. Even though the errors are logged, I see no actual problem when restoring an .OAR from backup. I'm probably just being paranoid. It just seemed strange on just those particular items.

Mike
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

So, to be clear, you're asking about errors in your own grid of items that had been delivered from Kitely Market in working order years ago but that your grid now has problems backing up to an OAR file?
Michael Timeless

Yes.
I was curious if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with those particular vendors. If it was just one vendor I'd ignore it. But those are good quality vendors and the problem is recent. I thought I was seeing a potential problem because it repeated on older backups, when they were restored and since everything else on those backups worked I thought it was a small glitch. I thought the archiver was common to all opensim grids not any one grid in particular. This was, once again, not to look for blame but to simply try to see if the problem was something others were experiencing. Since I am so small I thought perhaps a larger grid may have seen the issue. I'm sorry I bothered you.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Once an item has been successfully delivered to your grid it is no longer connected to Kitely. No change on Kitely, including us completely shutting down, can cause changes to assets stored on your own grid. So, if some assets aren't working properly on your grid then I'd recommend you check your assets database, it may have suffered some corruptions.

Having said that, if the items in question access third-party systems, such as streaming services or some third-party vendor system, then changes in those third-party systems can cause some scripted items to stop working. But even if that happens, it shouldn't corrupt assets stored in your database. What you described is happening when you try to save an OAR file wouldn't happen even if what you're trying to save is scripted to access some third-party system that is no longer available.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless
Gregg Legendary

Post by Gregg Legendary »

have you recently changed versions of OS code?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Gregg,

Is this question directed at me? If so then no, we haven't changed the OpenSim version we use in quite some time.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Gregg Legendary