UNFINDABLE ERROR

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Fayre Scribe

UNFINDABLE ERROR

Post by Fayre Scribe »

I posted an item on the MP and got an error. Okay, I've dealt with errors before. It gives a primitive name, number, and missing sculpt map. Easy, right? Problem is, I searched that 173 prim item several times and cannot find this error. Once I went over every prim checking the number and name and turning them black until the full build was black. Nothing. So I tore the build apart prim by prim, checking each prim's name and number, then moving that prim aside. Nothing. The weird thing is that I found NO prim with the name I was given. I also found no #45 prim at all. (which is weird) Any ideas what the issue is? I can't list it as long as it shows an error. I'm perplexed. Oh... I also sent for the debug item and nothing shows a red highlight. So I tore that one apart prim by prim, and no #45 prim. (scratches head)
Last edited by Fayre Scribe on Sat May 13, 2023 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Fayre Scribe for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChristine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Re: UNFINDABLE ERROR

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Fayre,

What is the exact error message you got?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Object "gb Undersea Air Breather Pod"
Prim #45, "gb Mermaid Statue JL Colored"
Missing sculpt map: 735d3533-c50d-4ab9-bb40-81ca8065ce18
These users thanked the author Fayre Scribe for the post:
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

I just tore the debug item apart, prim by prim, and there is no #45 prim. And none with that name. It's a mystery. After I moved the prims aside after checking them, I clicked on the item to be sure there were no invisible prims left behind. None showed.
Christine Nyn
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

The following should highlight prim #45 in red although I would use a copy rather than the original object.

Code: Select all

integer PRIM_TO_HIGHLIGHT = 45;

{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llSay(0, "Iterating through prims of linkset and highlighting prim number " + (string)PRIM_TO_HIGHLIGHT);
        integer count = llGetNumberOfPrims();
        integer primNumber = 0;
        while (primNumber < count)
        {
            ++primNumber;
            if (primNumber == PRIM_TO_HIGHLIGHT)
            {
                llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(primNumber, [PRIM_COLOR, ALL_SIDES, <1.0, 0.0, 0.0>, 1.0]);
            }
        }
    }
}
I haven't checked it -- it was written using phind.com and the following prompt:
write an opensim script that iterates through the prims of a linkset and highlights prim number 45
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Graham Mills wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 5:23 pm
The following should highlight prim #45 in red although I would use a copy rather than the original object.

Code: Select all

integer PRIM_TO_HIGHLIGHT = 45;

{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llSay(0, "Iterating through prims of linkset and highlighting prim number " + (string)PRIM_TO_HIGHLIGHT);
        integer count = llGetNumberOfPrims();
        integer primNumber = 0;
        while (primNumber < count)
        {
            ++primNumber;
            if (primNumber == PRIM_TO_HIGHLIGHT)
            {
                llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(primNumber, [PRIM_COLOR, ALL_SIDES, <1.0, 0.0, 0.0>, 1.0]);
            }
        }
    }
}
I haven't checked it -- it was written using phind.com and the following prompt:
write an opensim script that iterates through the prims of a linkset and highlights prim number 45
THANKS. I put the script in the root prim but it found nothing. I guess it can't find what isn't there. Which is odd because how can there not be a #45 prim? Yet I tore the original build and the debug build apart and no prim was numbered 45. How weird is that.
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Prim #45 is not called prim 45, it's the 45th prim in the linkset. You can use the Debug version to get a modified version of the item that has prim names that are renamed to match their order in the linkset, which will enable you to see which prim in the linkset is the one that the error refers to.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Christine Nyn
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Can confirm that the script posted earlier works with a linkset of 173 plywood cubes -- you need to touch the linkset to activate the script which needs to be in the root prim. It colours prim link number 45 as identified in the build dialog with Edit linked selected.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Christine Nyn

Post by Christine Nyn »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:39 pm
Hi Fayre,

What is the exact error message you got?
Fayre Scribe wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:56 pm
Object "gb Undersea Air Breather Pod"
Prim #45, "gb Mermaid Statue JL Colored"
Missing sculpt map: 735d3533-c50d-4ab9-bb40-81ca8065ce18
Is the item "gb Undersea Air Breather Pod" the result of an OXP import?

I'm asking that because the texture "735d3533-c50d-4ab9-bb40-81ca8065ce18", which the error message identifies as a sculpt map, doesn't appear to be in the Kitely asset server. I tried simply applying that texture to a prim and got the response you would expect if the uuid was either incorrect or nonexistent.

I think prim #45 is identified for you in the error message, it's named "gb Mermaid Statue JL Colored".

If the sculpt map is in fact entirely missing from the Kitely asset server, for whatever reason, I'd have to presume that it will exist either on your own PC or on another grid if it was in fact part of an import. In which case you could most likely find it and restore it to your Kitely MP version.
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post:
Graham Mills
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

A common reason for such errors is when people apply a texture from their local computer instead of applying it form their Kitely inventory. This can result in the asset never being uploaded to Kitely and thus only existing in their viewer's cache.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsChristine Nyn