UNFINDABLE ERROR

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Fayre Scribe

Re: UNFINDABLE ERROR

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:28 pm
Prim #45 is not called prim 45, it's the 45th prim in the linkset. You can use the Debug version to get a modified version of the item that has prim names that are renamed to match their order in the linkset, which will enable you to see which prim in the linkset is the one that the error refers to.
Yes, I know this. Thx. Which is why I sent for the debug version. And tore it apart. And strangely enough, there is no 45 on it.
These users thanked the author Fayre Scribe for the post:
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Christine Nyn wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:23 pm
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:39 pm
Hi Fayre,

What is the exact error message you got?
Fayre Scribe wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:56 pm
Object "gb Undersea Air Breather Pod"
Prim #45, "gb Mermaid Statue JL Colored"
Missing sculpt map: 735d3533-c50d-4ab9-bb40-81ca8065ce18
Is the item "gb Undersea Air Breather Pod" the result of an OXP import?

I'm asking that because the texture "735d3533-c50d-4ab9-bb40-81ca8065ce18", which the error message identifies as a sculpt map, doesn't appear to be in the Kitely asset server. I tried simply applying that texture to a prim and got the response you would expect if the uuid was either incorrect or nonexistent.

I think prim #45 is identified for you in the error message, it's named "gb Mermaid Statue JL Colored".

If the sculpt map is in fact entirely missing from the Kitely asset server, for whatever reason, I'd have to presume that it will exist either on your own PC or on another grid if it was in fact part of an import. In which case you could most likely find it and restore it to your Kitely MP version.
Yes! It was on my OAR I imported. I realized this, but I cannot find a prim 45 to fix it. That is the problem. You'd think that if the sculpt map didn't come through, the prim would still be there but misshaped (as it usually is). But I've torn the build apart 3 times and can't find a misshapen prim or a prim with link #45. There's nothing "visibly" wrong with the build". Strange.
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:42 pm
A common reason for such errors is when people apply a texture from their local computer instead of applying it form their Kitely inventory. This can result in the asset never being uploaded to Kitely and thus only existing in their viewer's cache.
hmmm... maybe I can send this to a friend (not an alt) and see if they can find it.
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Christine Nyn wrote:
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Hi Fayre,

Fayre Scribe wrote:

I'm asking that because the texture "735d3533-c50d-4ab9-bb40-81ca8065ce18", which the error message identifies as a sculpt map, doesn't appear to be in the Kitely asset server. I tried simply applying that texture to a prim and got the response you would expect if the uuid was either incorrect or nonexistent.

I think prim #45 is identified for you in the error message, it's named "gb Mermaid Statue JL Colored".

If the sculpt map is in fact entirely missing from the Kitely asset server, for whatever reason, I'd have to presume that it will exist either on your own PC or on another grid if it was in fact part of an import. In which case you could most likely find it and restore it to your Kitely MP version.
OR if I could FIND #45 prim, it may be so insignificant that I could just delete it. The issue is not the missing sculpt map, it's finding the prim.
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Christine Nyn wrote:
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Hi Fayre,

Fayre Scribe wrote:

It was on my OAR from IW to Sovaria to here. lol The build is Air Breather Pod... the prim is named gb mermaid statue JL colored. It's number is 45. Now there are 2 mermaid statues on the build. I checked them out more than a few times and there is no prim by that name on them or prim numbered 45. IF the prim was "deleted" by the system, however, why am I getting an error. It's all very strange. (Hi Christine!!!) :)
Christine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Thanks everyone for your input. I've done all that. Problem is that there is no prim by the name stated or by #45 to fix. That's the issue. If I could find the prim, I could fix the problem. Sighs. The build is visibly fine. I could put it out there. It just won't be on the MP and exportable.
Christine Nyn
Christine Nyn

Post by Christine Nyn »

Really speaking there has to be a prim #45 in the object as you've already mentioned there are 173 prims in total.

I'm wondering if the elusive prim is something that was distant to the main object when first selected and accidentally got linked.
If that had happened it would be very difficult to spot as you pulled apart the main object.

With that in mind I've put together a script which will find the region position of a given prim so you at least know where to look.

As it stands I've set it up for prim #45 but that is configurable.

Just drop the script into the object and it will report. If you want it to also self-delete you can uncomment the last line.

Code: Select all

// find_a_prim
// Christine Nyn, 14-May-2023

integer prim_to_find = 45;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer p = llGetNumberOfPrims();
        if(p < prim_to_find)
        {
            llOwnerSay("Prim number is too high for this object.");
            return;
        }
        string response;
        list info = llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(prim_to_find, [PRIM_POSITION]);
        vector pos = llList2Vector(info, 0);
        response = "\nRoot is at " + (string)llGetPos();
        response += "\nPrim #" + (string)prim_to_find + " is at " + (string)pos;
        llOwnerSay(response);
        // Uncomment the next line to have the script self-delete
        //llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }
}
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post:
Graham Mills
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You can try a recursive way to fix this problem:

1) Split the item it two and add each part separately to the marketplace, see which part gives you the error.

2) Split each part that gives you the error in two, list both parts separately and repeat the process until you're down to a part that is just 1 prim in size. Once you get to a single prim that gives you the error, you'll know what to focus on.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Christine NynGraham Mills
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious here but is there any chance link number 45 has been made transparent, made very small or is obscured by another prim?

Once saved, the following script will move it up by 2 m and chat its UUID and dimensions. Try using Ctrl+Alt+t to make it visible in case it's alpha'd out.

{
    state_entry()
    {
        vector primPos = llList2Vector(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(45, [PRIM_POS_LOCAL]), 0);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(45, [PRIM_POS_LOCAL, primPos + <0, 0, 2.0>]);
        llOwnerSay("prim UUID "+llGetLinkKey(45)+ " has dimensions "+(string)llList2Vector(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(45, [PRIM_SIZE]), 0));
    }
}
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChristine Nyn
Fayre Scribe

Post by Fayre Scribe »

Christine Nyn wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 2:16 pm
Really speaking there has to be a prim #45 in the object as you've already mentioned there are 173 prims in total.

I'm wondering if the elusive prim is something that was distant to the main object when first selected and accidentally got linked.
If that had happened it would be very difficult to spot as you pulled apart the main object.

With that in mind I've put together a script which will find the region position of a given prim so you at least know where to look.

As it stands I've set it up for prim #45 but that is configurable.

Just drop the script into the object and it will report. If you want it to also self-delete you can uncomment the last line.

// find_a_prim
// Christine Nyn, 14-May-2023

integer prim_to_find = 45;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        integer p = llGetNumberOfPrims();
        if(p < prim_to_find)
        {
            llOwnerSay("Prim number is too high for this object.");
            return;
        }
        string response;
        list info = llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(prim_to_find, [PRIM_POSITION]);
        vector pos = llList2Vector(info, 0);
        response = "\nRoot is at " + (string)llGetPos();
        response += "\nPrim #" + (string)prim_to_find + " is at " + (string)pos;
        llOwnerSay(response);
        // Uncomment the next line to have the script self-delete
        //llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }
}
Thanks. I'll give the script a try. It's not so much that this build is all that important. It's the CHALLENGE of finding the elusive #45. :)
These users thanked the author Fayre Scribe for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsChristine Nyn