Export Permissions on Demos

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Isis Ophelia

Export Permissions on Demos

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I am listing a main store with the permission to Export. The problem it's that the demo I am offering, so my customers can check the building in Kitely before they purchase it, turns also to be exportable too. I see no need for demos to be transported out of Kitely.

We need for the demos of exportable items the possibility that the items keep the permissions we have given them.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Re: Export Permissions on Demos

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

We'll be removing the Export permission from demo items in the next build.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyIsis Ophelia
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

When that happens, will we need to upload new demos or will it automatically apply?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol,

This will be done automatically, you won't need to replace your existing demo items.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyIsis Ophelia
Funk Schnook
Has thanked: 0

Post by Funk Schnook »

I just did some demo test deliveries and the demos are exportable.

Is this going to be fixed?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

H Func,

Please PM me a link to that product listing.
Funk Schnook

Post by Funk Schnook »

I have PMed you all the links. They are all exportable items with demos. The demos also inherit the exportable permissions.

I personally do not want demos to be exportable. It doesnt really matter for things like skins which have watermarks on demos, but if its a mesh/prim build that adds extra prims (a demo sign) then its a problem.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If we remove exportability from demo items of exportable items then people who aren't Kitely users will not be able to test out the demos even when visiting Kitely via the Hypergrid. It basically means that only Kitely users will be able to try demos of your items, thus limiting the appeal of your products to users of third-party grids.

Is that what you'd expect? Or would it make more sense to just not offer demos for exportable items which you fear will be modified to remove the demo indicator once delivered to a third-party avatar?
Funk Schnook

Post by Funk Schnook »

Ilan Tochner wrote:If we remove exportability from demo items of exportable items then people who aren't Kitely users will not be able to test out the demos even when visiting Kitely via the Hypergrid. It basically means that only Kitely users will be able to try demos of your items, thus limiting the appeal of your products to users of third-party grids.
People could log into their kitley account and demo the product. I understand this becomes a bit of a hassle though, so its a good point.
Ilan Tochner wrote:Is that what you'd expect? Or would it make more sense to just not offer demos for exportable items which you fear will be modified to remove the demo indicator once delivered to a third-party avatar?
It's not about "fear" otherwise I wouldnt list any of my products as exportable. I just think this makes it a little too easy to abuse. I guess we'll just have to cripple demos in a way that wouldnt give you the final product even if modified.

I think the best option would be to add an additional export flag for the demos (ie. DEMO permissions). Then the merchant can decide if the demo should be exportable.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

FYI, following further consideration we decided that our next site update (which we plan to roll out tomorrow) will no longer enable demo and test demo delivery to non-Kitely users.

Everyone who buys in Kitely Market has to have a Kitely account and that comes with a Kitely avatar they can use to check out demos before they buy them for an avatar on a third-party grid.