Export Permissions on Demos

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Funk Schnook
Has thanked: 0

Re: Export Permissions on Demos

Post by Funk Schnook »

Ilan Tochner wrote:FYI, following further consideration we decided that our next site update (which we plan to roll out tomorrow) will no longer enable demo and test demo delivery to non-Kitely users.

Everyone who buys in Kitely Market has to have a Kitely account and that comes with a Kitely avatar they can use to check out demos before they buy them for an avatar on a third-party grid.
I still think letting the merchant decide would be better. Can I ask, will the demos still have exportable permissions? If yes, then disabling demo delivery won't really make a difference.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Demo deliveries and demo test deliveries will deliver items with no Export permissions.

The more options the merchant has for setting things differently the more cognitive complexity the buyer has to deal with. Having some demos exportable and some not will require adding more features to simplify handling the increased complexity (e.g. "how do I see only the items which have demos I can test with my non-Kitely avatar?"). Some feature cascades are best stopped at their source.
Funk Schnook
Has thanked: 0

Post by Funk Schnook »

Thanks for explaining Ilan. You make some good points.