Different USD and KC prices?

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Tess Juel

Different USD and KC prices?

Post by Tess Juel »

I have a couple of simple meshes and textures that really shouldn't cost as much as 300 KC but I still want them to be available to people who prefer to pay with US dollars. I can work around the problem by listing two identical variants with different prices of course but that's hardly an ideal solution and I'm not sure if Ilan is too happy about it either.
Would it be possible to add a function to offer a discount price for customers who pay with KC?
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Different USD and KC prices?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tess,

Anything you list for just KC can still be acquired by people without KC without requiring them to manually buy KC first. If you do so then such people will see a price for buying the required number of KC (without any bulk discounts) added to their Kitely Market shopping cart with the cost of buying those KC listed in USD. In other words, if you're willing to accept KC then just list the item in KC and let our system handle the people who don't have enough KC when they wish to buy that item.
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:14 pm
Anything you list for just KC can still be acquired by people without KC without requiring them to manually buy KC first.
Oh, I didn't know that. Just to make sure I understand you right: If I list something for 10 KC people are automatically able to buy it for a dollar if they don't have any KC?
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

what i used to do is :
- variation 'for kitely' in kc
- variation for export in dollar
that works fine too :)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tess,

They'll be able to buy it for whatever the amount of KC they need costs, even if it's just a few cents. Please note, that when paying in Kitely Market via USD we charge a real money transaction fee of $0.30 to cover what PayPal charges us as a fixed transaction fee in addition to their percentage-based transaction fee.