Feedback and Suggestions

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Isis Ophelia

Feedback and Suggestions

Post by Isis Ophelia »

First let me tell you, that I recognize how much work and time Oren and Ilan have invested in writing the Wiki, the Blog and the Guidelines. This will help those who are able to understand easily the "how to" from texts.

My feedback:
As I joined Kitely in Mai to list my products it meant:
a) Read the Wiki, read the Blog and the Guidelines
b) Read the Forum to see if my questions were already explained there.
That was too much information at once.

After spending in Mai around 35 hours to get 15 of my items listed, I had to take a break to care of my other stores and of RL.

As feedback I want to give you something to think about. Everyone's senses are unique and percept in an unique way. But technicians are technicians and creators are creators, because they are best in those fields. Technicians have the talent to be able to filter the information they need out of many words and sentences. Their "3rd eye sees" the use of those many words while reading. I am technically not good. I had to read again and again until I was able to imagine and transform the written information into visual pictures.

My suggestion:
Take a look and check what a creator has listed to see where he went wrong and give him feedback. That way he learns quicker. Ilan did it with my last listings. It helped me well to understand faster. Of course no one can expect that you have the time to check all the listings, if there are many creators listing at the same time. But taking the time to lead some of those creators to the right path will pay out, because once they have listed successfully, they can help other creators in the Forum.

Next suggestion:
Offer visual information for those who don't have that much time to spend it reading. Try to make video tutorials. For a Second Life creator who has a business and has to care of it, if they expand, they would want to do it quick. Time is money for them.
These users thanked the author Isis Ophelia for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineIlan Tochner
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Dot Matrix

Re: Feedback and Suggestions

Post by Dot Matrix »

This is helpful feedback. Some thoughts...

In May the only people able to see market stores were the merchants themselves and Kitely. The ability to see listings started at the end of June, and even then it was only the merchant's own products, not those of other merchants. So everyone was working blind, reliant on the wiki and feedback (if possible) from Kitely. This must have been difficult for all concerned.

However, now that the market is open, all of us can see the listings. Perhaps now we can help each other more easily.

Is this something we (merchants and customers) could do, so that Ilan and Oren can concentrate on building the back-end services? Maybe by using the forum to ask for people to peruse particular listings, and to give feedback?
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Isis Ophelia
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Dot,

We could actually use help in creating hi-def tutorial videos we could point people to. Something narrated in clear English which address all the steps for using all the basic (and possibly more advanced) Kitely Market features.

The first one could be for how to list items with variations, attributes, demos, images, etc.

Another one could be for how to use the content analyzer to find problems in items and how to then go about fixing those problems.

A third could be for buyers, explaining how to use the various features to find the items you want.

Etc.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Isis Ophelia
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

As an addendum, we could actually narrate the video's ourselves if we had a good enough script (as in text to be read out) to use. The next step, if the community wants to help us with this issue, would therefore be to help create such scripts for videos that are designed to help potential buyers and merchants understand what Kitely Market is good for and how it can be best used (5 minute tutorials are probably a good length to aim for).

Once we finalize the scripts their narration can be recorder with video (or the video could be added after they're recorded).

In your opinion(s), is this a possible community project or is it something best done by individuals working alone?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Given the different skill sets involved, I'd go for a small group project -- but that's just my opinion.

There are a lot of educators here on Kitely. Might this be something they would be interested in helping with?
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hi guys,

First of all, working with the Kitely Marketplace is a breeze compared to SL Marketplace. Well done! However, playing around a bit I found a few things I would like to see changed. Down here I have made a little list of possible improvements/changes.

Add a sort and search function to: Market -> My Shop -> Products. For example date, price, keyword, etc. It would be very nice to be able to sort, search, select in both the customer frontend and the merchant -> products overview. I have around 1000+ items that I plan to list and managing will be much easier wneh those functions would be implemented.

Add a dropdown for display max products in search and Market -> My Shop -> Products. Some people like to brows fast and want to see a complete overview of a shop or search result. Adding a drop box for max products on display would improve browsing.

Upgrade the text editor to remove whitespace and empty lines in product description. When adding descriptions I need to convert the text to plain text first before I past it in the description field. Even though the text looks good in my editor, the Kitely website renders the texts wrong adding empty lines and white spaces. The result is a very messy page.

Add a yellow "Accept changes" button at the bottom of the description to bypass scrolling when updated. When a long description is changed I need to scroll back to the top to accept the changes. Adding a "accept box" at the bottom would improve workflow.

Fix the embedded permissions display. Embedded permissions are set wrong. Top level permissions are set OK. The permissions glitch is very bad news. I have tested yesterday and the delivered products are all set to the right permissions. It is just the rendering on the website that is wrong. This can scare customers away. Maybe remove the Items box or only show the top level item and permissions.

In the Add Product popup I would like to see a little green checkmark in front of the products already listed. Emagine trying to find a product that is in a range of 100+. Adding a litle checkbox will show at a glance which products is are already listed. Also, maybe the popup can be a little wider to prevent inventory names o break down in multiple lines. Also, please sort A-Z

I def strive to list all my 1000+ items asap to Kitely Marketplace. It will take some time because I need to review all products both in SL marketplace as in Kitely's. Also, I want all my vendor images updated.... what am I thinking, pfew;-) No worries, it will be a lot of work but wort it. Thank you all so far.

Keep up the good works!

Kind regards,

Amiryu Hosoi
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the feedback Amiryu.

Can you please provide a scenario in which the permissions shown in Kitely Market are different from those of the delivered item?
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

We ran a few tests last night and the delivered items look as they should, only the website renders the permission flags different.

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Update: the permissions issue was fixed a few weeks ago.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Something small that I just ran into. I notice that if you create a listing but don't list it straight away, the item does not show up in a "newest" search on the MP. I had some setbacks in importing my cave sets, so I put the listing on hold. Now I finally updated it but it does not list as a new product. I assume this is decided by the "Created" date.

I think it would be better if the item was counted from the first day it is made active, rather than the day the listing is created.

Besides that, I would just like to say how thoroughly awesome the Kitely marketplace is now I have had chance to work with it more. I know you hear it all the time, but all the same you have done an amazing job guys. Well done.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 2):
Sherrie MelodyDundridge Dreadlow