Variations tweaks

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Amiryu Hosoi

Variations tweaks

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey all,

first of all my compliments to all people working on the Marketplace. Very good job! I have a suggestion. While he variations is a great tool for search I do miss something. When a customer does a search it is good the customer only gets an overview of the goods with the specific attribute/variation. for instance the color. But, when a customer decides to take a look at the merchants store I think all variation should be on display so the customer gets a full overview of all the goods and variations to pick from. So, there should be a difference between search result display and merchants shop display.

Just did a check on the search results and variations/colors. I have a Japanese kimono in 9 variations. Search only displays 5 different colors, while the Kimono comes in 2 shades of red and 2 shades of yellow and 2 shades of gold...

What do you all think?

Ami
Attachments
color ony shows 1 colored item while there must be more?
color ony shows 1 colored item while there must be more?
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ilan Tochner

Re: Variations tweaks

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the suggestion Amiryu.

The numbers you see on the left-side panel show you the number of products that will be displayed on the right-side panel if you click each of the displayed category/attribute values. A product that has 9 variations with the Color attribute value Red will still be counted just as 1 product because it will only add 1 product to the search results that are displayed on the right-side panel. Doing it otherwise may confuse a lot of people.

Having store search results behave differently from the marketplace search results may be very confusing to people but we may consider making grouping search results into products a user option. In other words enabling people to decide whether to see variations grouped into products, showing just 1 search result per product; Or have variations be displayed separately, which will increase the number of search results and lay out all the different options for all the viewed products in the marketplace/store search results. We'll need to get input from more people to decide whether to spend time implementing this - there are quite a lot of high-priority things on our todo list ATM.
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Ah, great! As always you are on top of it Ilan;-)

Thank you

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Something I thought would be cool would be the ability to group listings into collections, so that items in different categories could be brought together as a product or lifestyle range. For example, I sell a cave which comes in many different texture variations. For the ice variation, I might have some nice icicle or snowdrift accessories available separately, and some cactus for the desert cave. So I tag the icicles and the ice cave variation as "Winter Cave Collection" and the cactus and desert variation as "Desert Cave Collection". Kind of a built in keyword system of the kind Amiryu suggested elsewhere on this forum.

If a customer then clicks through to the store, there could be an extra grouping added so that they could browse by collection. That could be both convenient for customers and a great way to increase the chance of extra sales for creators.