KC or USD

Discussion and support for the Kitely Market
Deuce Halsey

Re: KC or USD

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Ilan Tochner wrote: Are you referring to using USD earned by your Kitely Market store before you've accumulated the $10 in cleared funds required for a payout? (we can't use funds that have not cleared yet as they may be disputed by the buyer)
I'm talking about cleared USD funds that might not be enough to qualify for a PayPal payout. I'd hate to have such funds converted to KC since you only pay 200 KC for each USD. I only buy KC at the 300 per USD rate so this would be essentially be a 33% loss. When you add that to the fees you already charge for Marketplace sales this would be quite a penalty. (For some reason I thought the minimum PayPal payout amount was $25. The $10 amount you quoted above would be a lot less likely to cause problems.)
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Ilan Tochner

Re: KC or USD

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Deuce,

The minimum payout amount was decided in one of the Kitely Mentors Group meetings. People didn't want to get small payouts that will be diluted by PayPal fees but still wanted to be able to get payouts frequently. The $10 amount was the number most people in attendance that day agreed on.

PayPal fees-wise both merchants and Kitely will benefit from us using funds that have been cleared and have yet to be paid out so I'm in no way ruling this out. However, it can complicate usability as, among other things, the PayPal account used for billing doesn't have to be the same as the one used for payouts. We'll add this to our list and see if it can be eventually added.