Product Demos for non-Kitely avatars

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Tanya Matahari

Product Demos for non-Kitely avatars

Post by Tanya Matahari »

I see that Kitely Market demo products can only be delivered to Kitely avatars. I'd like to be able to point Hypergrid users to a store location where they too can collect a demo before purchasing my items. Any advice on how to do this please?

Thanks
Tanya
These users thanked the author Tanya Matahari for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Product Demos for non-Kitely avatars

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tanya,

It's against Kitely's terms of service to direct people from your Kitely Market store to locations where your items can be found outside Kitely, but it's not against our TOS to direct them to inworld locations inside the Kitely grid. So, if you want to open a showroom that is accessible to Hypergrid users as well, get a Kitely world for your showroom and add a link to its world page from your Kitely Market product listings.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Tanya Matahari
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

=)
- each person that buys our products in kitely need a kitely account, so pple can try the demo's at ease in sandbox or so,
thats also agood solution to inform pple with=)
- there, are pple,who rent out shops at soft prices as well inkitely=)
hope thishelps on top of ilan his info =)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessTanya Matahari
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Thank you Ilan and Chris for your responses.

I'm sorry, my original post was ambiguous. I already have a store location in-world in Kitely where my demos will be available - my question was how do I link people to it from my Kitely Market listing? I've tried putting in the "SLURL" from map but that doesn't result in a clickable link on the webpage. Help with that would be appreciated.

And Chris, you slightly misunderstood the issue - when a customer requires a demo for a non-Kitely avatar, it's because they want to know if shoes or outfit will fit correctly on their particular mesh body or feet. Yes, they have a Kitely account, but their Kitely avatar may not have the same body/feet/whatever as the avatar they are buying for, so that doesn't help them.

If buying for a Kitely avatar, there won't be a problem, as they'll just get the demo from the Market listing. :)
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tanya,

You can create links to inworld locations inside the Kitely grid using HOP urls.

See: http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~ai/hg.html#hop
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Tanya MatahariMichael Timeless
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Thank you very much Ilan - I will look into that :)
These users thanked the author Tanya Matahari for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste