Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Oren Hurvitz

Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Kitely Market now supports the ability to deliver purchases to an avatar on a different grid than Kitely, as long as that grid supports the Hypergrid. However, this feature is currently open only to beta testers. If you would like to be a beta tester then read on! Otherwise, please wait until this feature is open to everyone (in a few weeks).

Please don't write about this feature on your blog or website while it's in private beta test, because then some people will look for this feature and be disappointed when they can't find it. Also, we may change how this feature works based on the results of the beta test. Therefore, please discuss this feature only in this forum ("Using Kitely Market with Other Grids").

We're looking for users who can test delivery to the following grids:
  • OSGrid
    Metropolis
    Craft World
    German Grid
    Littlefield
    Any other grid (this tests the ability to add custom grids)
    A grid running on a home computer
(These grids were chosen because they're the top 5 grids that are open to Hypergrid, by number of active users. The list of built-in grids may change in the future if other grids prove popular.)

Once you're added to the beta test, the GUI will change: in the Shopping Cart, you will see a new delivery option: "Other Grid". Once you select this option you'll be able to select which grid to deliver to, and the name of the avatar on that grid. If the grid you want isn't in our standard list of grids then you'll be able to add a custom grid. After you complete the purchase you'll be told how to obtain the item.

Please try to buy a real product in order to test the entire purchase process. Then, let us know what happened: were you successful or not? Was there a message that wasn't clear?

If you have a store in Kitely Market then you can buy products from your own store, so that you keep the money :). Then, you can test the "Redeliver" option. And finally, you can refund the purchase if you wish.

Another option that is available if you have a store is to use the "Test delivery" link in the Edit Product page. This link now delivers the product to the last avatar chosen in the Shopping Cart. This means that you can enter the details of your avatar on another grid in the Cart, and then go to the Edit Product page and use "Test delivery" to deliver the product to your avatar for free. However, this is only a partial test because it doesn't use the full delivery process as in regular orders.

If you would like to help us test hypergrid delivery then please add a post to this thread with your name, and which grid(s) you can test. Beta testers should test the purchase process and then let us know what happened by posting to this forum.

If we get many requests to join the beta test then we might not be able to add everyone, because managing the beta test takes time. E.g., if we already have several users who have committed to testing delivery to OSGrid then we probably don't need another one; but in that case you can still join the beta test if you can test delivery to a less common grid.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 8):
Constance PeregrineGaga GraciousCecil GudkovSelby EvansOzwell WayfarerMarstol Nitelyoopsee joseppeZuza Ritt
Constance Peregrine

Re: Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Feel free to add me for Metropolis Grid testing, same name.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

@Minethere Always: thanks, you've been added to the beta test.
Constance Peregrine

ok...so I guess I can test it now then? will go look [I have the energy and time atm...lol]

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

oooo...that is so much fun!!! it came over nicely, the script works that is in my item I used to test, perms are correct...wowzers!!

Am I the first????? I like firsts!!!
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 4):
Gaga GraciousCecil GudkovMarstol Nitelyoopsee joseppe

Ephemeral wanderer...
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Yes, you're the first in Metropolis! Congratulations! (I did test Metropolis before, but not from the production environment.)
Constance Peregrine

yes, I figured you had tested it...yippee!! That is just plain fun!! Really amazing how easy to do and that it could be done at all is awesome.

Really cool work-)) hg for avies next!!!

Ephemeral wanderer...
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Thank you Minethere :) It was a lot of work, but some of it is useful for HG teleports as well, so it was time well spent.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
oopsee joseppe
Constance Peregrine

I can imagine. Very cool...I told some folks who may be interested, privately.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Hi, please add me for delivery to OSgrid where I have a region. I also run my own standalone on the web @ 188.138.89.32:9100:City

In OSgrid have have the name Talla Slade and Gaga Gracious. Same for my standalone.

Thank you
These users thanked the author Gaga Gracious for the post (total 2):
Constance Peregrineoopsee joseppe