Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Cecil Gudkov

Re: Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Post by Cecil Gudkov »

Great news Oren and thank you for great work there! I know it was alot of lines input there and fixes! If you need more beta testers i can help also... i am available in almost every grid and i can test also on a local grid running on a home computer. Just reply to me where you need to test and i will do it... Have a great day all and again thank you for your great work guys!
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

@Gaga Gracious, @Cecil Gudkov: thanks, you've been added to the beta test.

@Cecil Gudkov: please test on all the grids you can...

@Gaga Gracious: it's not recommended to use an IP address to access a grid. The reason is that if the IP address changes then you won't be able to send deliveries to avatars on that grid anymore! That's because an avatar (who is known by its UUID) can only belong to a single grid, but if the IP changes then we consider it to be a new grid. Therefore, we recommend using a Dynamic-DNS service, so that you can use a hostname for your grid instead of an IP. Then the grid address remains the same even if its IP changes.

Here are some free Dynamic-DNS services:

1. FreeDNS - https://freedns.afraid.org/
2. DNSdynamic - https://www.dnsdynamic.org/
3. NoIP - http://www.noip.com/free
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Gaga Gracious
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Thank you Oren.

Okay, so I bought a texture pack 1000003476317 and set for delivery at OSgrid to Gaga Gracious using Cool VL viewer. Delivery message at OSgrid recieved and OKed. IM link clicked and Kitely market web page opens. I saw message saying delivery in progress but after some time still nothing delivered to inventory at OSG. Restarted viewer and no My Suitcase to be found and no item in Objects folder. Retried the delivery and still nothing.

Started again. This time bought another texture pack 1000003476392 and set for delivery at OSgrid to Talla Slade using latest version Singularity viewer. Delivery message at OSgrid recieved and OKed. IM link clicked and Kitely market web page opens. I saw message saying delivery in progress as before but still nothing delivered to inventory at OSgrid.

IM received by Talla Slade...
[07:17] Kitely Market: (Saved Fri 07 Mar 2014 15:17:42) Message from Gaga Gracious at Kitely: "from Kitely market"
[07:17] Kitely Market: (Saved Fri 07 Mar 2014 15:17:43) Some items were purchased for you in Kitely Market. To receive the items, click here: http://www.kitely.com/do?type=deliver&k ... DiVkF8QaID

Oddly, Gaga who appears in the picture above is completely blacked out since attempting to take delivery - even after a restart. Talla appears normal though.

Version of Opensim used at OSgrid: osgrid-opensim-08092013.v0.7.6.23ca1f8
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I suspect the simulator you're in is slow and that's causing the problems (both failure to receive the item, and why your avatar looks black). Please go to the "Sandbox Plaza" region, and let me know when you're there (I'm currently online in OSGrid, in that region). Then I'll redeliver the items, and we'll see what happens.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Gaga Gracious
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

I dont suppose Gaga will mind me throwing this in. She purchased a texture pack from me today but seems to have been charged 3 times. Twice for her Kitely avatar, and once for her OS Grid avi. I dont know at this point if that was a mistake on Gagas part or a system glitch.

I can confirm that the green icon with the details of the grid the item was delivered to is showing up in my transaction history. Thats pretty nifty.
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Gaga Gracious
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:I dont suppose Gaga will mind me throwing this in. She purchased a texture pack from me today but seems to have been charged 3 times. Twice for her Kitely avatar, and once for her OS Grid avi. I dont know at this point if that was a mistake on Gagas part or a system glitch.
No problem Ozwell. The extra purchases were my fault. I didn't quite understand the procedure right away so you had a good bit of business, lol

As for the delivery problems it seems OSgrid was suffering a bit of lag and I did get a delivery after a while for Talla Slade using Singularity viewer. Gaga, unfortunately didn't progress so well with Cool VL viewer and she did suffer some avatar blackout. However, after a cache clear, appearence was restored but I did have to use Singularity to finally get Gaga's test purchase.

So, Singularity stood the tests and Cool VL didn't.

In any event I am sure Oren gained some test data to chew on which is what we were after. I want to thank Oren for his hard work and patience. Brilliant work Oren!
These users thanked the author Gaga Gracious for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineOzwell Wayfarer
Cecil Gudkov

Post by Cecil Gudkov »

Here is a quick feedback for my tests until now:

OSGrid

Delivery - OK
Redelivery - OK
Test delivery - OK

Metropolis

Delivery - OK
Redelivery - OK
Test delivery - OK

Craft World

Delivery - All messages received ok but no product delivery. After viewer relog a new MY SUITCASE folder auto create with item inside! After that all OK!
Redelivery - OK
Test delivery - OK

German Grid

Delivery - Problem with delivery with this notification: "Can't find item to give. Nothing given."
Redelivery - Same problem with the same notification: "Can't find item to give. Nothing given."
Test delivery - Same problem with the same notification: "Can't find item to give. Nothing given."

Solution found to this problem: After viewer relog MY SUITCASE/OBJECTS folder was created with product inside.
OK, to be sure that all work ok from now on i start again with a fresh new deliver and i got this results:

Delivery - Notification: "Can't find item to give. Nothing given."
Redelivery - Notification: "Can't find item to give. Nothing given."
Test delivery - Notification: "Can't find item to give. Nothing given."

Solution found to this problem: A new relog of viewer and all items are in MY SUITCASE/OBJECTS folder.
BUT THIS NEED TO BE FIX!

Notes:
1. Every first delivery we receive a Kitely Market Box with a order number texture and inside is another box with product texture and again inside is the original product! To get the product we need to do 3 unpack steps...
2. The second box with original product texture have wrong HORIZONTAL SCALE and is out of cube.
3. All HG delivery tests was with Firestorm Beta 4.5.1.38838 OpenSim Version.

More tests later...
These users thanked the author Cecil Gudkov for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerGaga Gracious
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I have avatars registered with the same name on Metropolis and OSGrid - largely so that nobody else can grab my name on those grids.

I'd be happy to test delivery on both grids. I'm probably a good test person for this since I have nearly zero experience on either grid apart from logging in once as a test.
I'm experienced on SL and Kitely, but not those other grids. This should be fun.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

@Deuce Halsey - thanks, you've been added to the beta test.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I tested on Metropolis and OSGrid with mixed results. The packages I purchased from my Kitely store were delivered quickly.
The packages each contained a posterlight and several shirts/jackets. The posterlights looked great and the script worked fine
on both grids.

But for some reason my shirts were missing their custom textures. On both grids any shirt or jacket I tried to wear came out
looking like a blank, default "new shirt" or "new jacket" that had not been edited at all. I tried editing them and there was no
indication that the grid knew anything about the custom texture the shirts were using.

For reference, when I create the shirts/jackets here in Kitely, I apply custom textures to the standard system shirt or jacket.
I should also mention that on Metropolis I had previously uploaded some of my custom shirt textures and created shirts there in
the same way and they display just as expected. So my textures work on other grids, but for some reason they aren't being
exported with my Kitely Market packages.

BTW, OSGrid is currently running Opensim 0.8.0 - dunno if this has any effect on the testing.

In any event, I will go on record here giving permission to Oren Hurvitz and Ilan Tochner to deliver any of my export shirt/poster
sets to their own avatars on Kitely or other OpenSim grids as needed to test the HG delivery system.

I will also cooperate and conduct further tests as requested on the OSGrid or Metro grids.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782