Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
oopsee joseppe

Re: Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery - Beta Test

Post by oopsee joseppe »

If there are grids that are not being covered and you would like them to be I will volunteer and create accounts in those grids to be able to test :D
These users thanked the author oopsee joseppe for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Did my first two tests in Metro:
1) Purchase of shirt & pants (Lobo 4 men) - purchasing in Market for my avi in Metro (Pete) worked smoothly; delivery to Pete (in a sandbox) came through straight once I got online with my viewer (Firestorm v4.4.2.34167) - package was delivered into the inventory-folder; rezzing & opening it provided a box with kitely logo & picture of bought items in an folder named "Kitely Market Order 100000xxxxxxx" (xxxx = 7 digit number). Rezzin & opening the box created an folder with the bought items.
Unfortunately I had the same issue with missing texture: wearing the shirt & pants showed only white untextured surface)

2) Purchase of MT Clipboard (sripted item using lsl- & os-script commands) - puchase & delivery worked as above, fast and straightforward.
The clipboard could be rezzed without any problems and had all properties right (shape, color, fexipaper-end), shine etc. The scripts worked perfectly from the beginning. Only difference to Kitely: font-set seems to be different - (which is dependant on the font-set installed at the grid-server) - arial & helvetia work in Metro - the only script font that works in Kitely so far does not. However this is relevant only for dynamic texture scripts. Rights of object (m,t no copy) and of script (t, no modify, no copy) came through correctly.
So this one was perfect!
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 3):
oopsee joseppeConstance PeregrineGaga Gracious
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Hi

I did another test purchase of a texture set from Templar and found the same issue I had before. While waiting in OSgrid I got IM and link but found the dialogue popup said nothing to deliver. However, I relogged and the item was in Inventory waiting this time. No problem with the product but I did get confused by the box within a box within a box to get to the textures. See picture. First I got the white Kitely delivery box and opened it. I then had to open it and find another box with both the Kitely logo and the Templar logo. Then I open that box to finally get the Templar Texture set which has also to be opened and copied to inventory. So a bit of a process :?

I don't know if this is just how it works for textures but I will be buying some other products to test further. So far, so good but dose require some patience :roll:

But, to be honest, I'm loving it!!!!!!! :D
These users thanked the author Gaga Gracious for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineOzwell Wayfareroopsee joseppe
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Two more tests done in Metero:

3) Purchchased my textured mesh beachtowel "Sunflower" with 3 script posing menu and animations. Purchase and transfer worked smoothly as before.
The mesh towel rezzed correctly and had the texture with it. At first rezzing a script-error warning popped but seating and menu worked without problem - all animations worked well.
Resetting script and operations after reset worked as they should. Rights of animations (full rights) and scripts (no modify) were all correct.
So another good HG-sale!

4) Purchased as a larger mesh object: the Delta 3D Tugboat from Deuce. All went well again and the boat with texture rezzed perfectly in the sandbox. Rights to modify came with it and worked well.
Thus: again a successful test -

You did a very nice job Oren :D ..... seems the blank texture problem is limited to system clothes.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

@oopsee joseppe: thanks, you've been added to the Beta Test. Please try with the most widely-used grids that support Hypergrid (there's a list here: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/0 ... ts-report/). If you can, please test first with some of the grids that we DIDN'T include in the standard list. That tests a feature that verifies that the grid supports hypergrid delivery; I don't think anyone has tried that yet.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
oopsee joseppe
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I'd love to test, heh, but Kitely is my home grid :D :lol: 8-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I started a discussion here:

http://forum.hypergrid.org/off-topics/k ... t3482.html

for any who wish to add their thoughts and such...
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi gaga,

The first box is required to package all the items you bought and make it easy to locate the order in your inventory. That box contains boxes for each item bought.

The third box could have been avoided if the items sold were not boxed by the merchant. There is no reason to box items in Kitely Market as they are all direct delivered to a properly named folder in the buyers inventory when purchased. The merchant can also have sub-folders inside that folder created on delivery so even organizing texture packs can best be achieved using folders and not boxes.

We hope that once the system goes live merchants will switch from using boxes to using folders to avoid this triple boxing issue.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 5):
Gaga GraciousMin TigerpawOzwell Wayfareroopsee joseppeSelby Evans
John Lester
Has thanked: 0

Post by John Lester »

I'd like to test this with my grid running on my home network.

Grid: pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000

Thanks!
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

hey John-)))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...