Hypergrid Delivery - Version 2

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Oren Hurvitz

Hypergrid Delivery - Version 2

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

We updated the service today with some improvements to Hypergrid Delivery in Kitely Market.

First, Clothing and Bodyparts are now delivered correctly (previously their textures were all white).

Second, we improved the image that we show on the item delivery boxes. These boxes display the Kitely logo on top and the product picture on the sides. Previously the product picture was cropped to fit the square box, but now we resize the picture instead, and add gray bars around it if necessary.

And finally, we added an explanation of what to do if you get the error "Can't find item to give. Nothing given." We can't actually fix the problem (it's caused by simulators that run old versions of OpenSim), but at least we can tell the user what to do (restart the viewer).

To our beta testers: please conduct another round of tests. You can redeliver your previous items, or deliver new items. Are there still cases where you don't get the item (even after restarting the viewer), or textures don't appear, or the permissions are wrong?

There's one particular problem I'd like to investigate: cases where you don't get ANY message when the item is delivered. It seems that when an item is delivered, the receiving avatar can get one of three results:

1. An IM with the item itself. This is the best outcome, and what's supposed to happen.
2. The message "Can't find item to give. Nothing given." This problem is now well-understood: it's caused by old simulators, and can't be fixed by Kitely. However, if the user restarts the viewer (or switches to a different viewer) then the item will appear in their inventory.
3. No message at all.

Case #3 is the one I want to investigate. If this happens to you then please post here and say what time this happened; which item you were delivering; and most importantly, which grid and which precise region you were in, so that we can see if there are specific regions that cause this problem. It would also be very useful if you include the OpenSim version number. You can see the version number by selecting in the menu: Help > About. Here's a screenshot that shows where the version number appears. (Please include in the post everything that's in the red box):
about-region.jpg
Thanks,
Oren
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 7):
Constance Peregrineoopsee joseppeSelby EvansZuza RittGaga GraciousDeuce HalseyMin Tigerpaw
Constance Peregrine

Re: Hypergrid Delivery - Version 2

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I am now the proud renter...lol...of

http://www.kitely.com/market/product/34 ... ar=3479570

and it came across properly into Metropolis and looks great!!

[using Astra viewer and OS 76 stable]

Thx oopsee-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
oopsee joseppeSelby Evans
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Just thought I might add that on the documentation page https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... ther+Grids you might add some kind of note that even with older versions of OS they can still get the exportable content by using the world export and simply load the OAR wherever they are.

Some folx who rent hosting spaces may not be able to upgrade right away due to depending on others but can more easily spin up a new instance or upload the OAR. I have been given to understand New World Studio, for example, is still on 75.

In any case, it could be worded much better but I am sure you get the gist.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Success!

I redelivered the products that had been causing problems and everything seems okay now on OSGrid and on Metropolis. The textures were there and the shirts/jackets look good. The permissions are also correct.

I then purchased a new product on each grid and the new items were delivered promptly as expected and work fine. I can now say that my clothing and posterlights work well when delivered to the OSGrid and Metropolis grids.

Thanks for all your hard work fixing the texture problem.
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 4):
oopsee joseppeIlan TochnerSelby EvansMin Tigerpaw
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Works perfect now with textures:
Repeated buying the "Lobo for Men" outfit for Pete in the sandbox of Metro. It came through perectly with all texures there - everything as it should be with this delivery.

Did another test sale to Pete with my leggins with belt - which is sytem pants with texture and a LK-mesh belt with my texture to it. Both pants and belt came through well textured.
Overall - all deliveries to Metro I tried seem to work now without problems. :P
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 4):
oopsee joseppeConstance PeregrineDeuce HalseySelby Evans
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Did one more test-delivery to Metro with a large item (my Villa Ebony with >100 prims, multi-textures, 3 advanced scripted doors and 6 different sounds) - came through perfect (took a bit longer than smaller stuff but after 2 min all done), everything in place & textured, all scripts working well, sounds operating.
Whow ..this works like cutting butter ! :D
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 3):
Constance Peregrineoopsee joseppeIlan Tochner