Paying For Purchases

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Sarge Misfit

Paying For Purchases

Post by Sarge Misfit »

So, how does a person on another grid pay for something that is listed with a price in KC?
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly
Sherrie Melody

Re: Paying For Purchases

Post by Sherrie Melody »

I think they need to have a kitely account and to buy KCs. From the FAQ page:

How do I buy Kitely Credits (KC)?

You can buy Kitely Credits for as little as $5 for 1,000 KC. You get a discounted rate when buying more. To buy KC press the Buy Credits button in the My Worlds page.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Or if you don't want to pay in KCs, you might just ask the merchant if they will add a variation that can be bought with real money.
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

So, how would that work? For example, I have an account on Metropolis. How does that account get KC to buy with?

Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

if you are looking on the Kitely market main page (http://www.kitely.com/market), you should see a "Sign Up" link top right. You can create an account through FB, twitter, or using an email address.

Once you've created the account and log into the website, in your settings page (http://www.kitely.com/settings), you will see an option to buy KCs.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Sherrie Melody wrote:if you are looking on the Kitely market main page (http://www.kitely.com/market), you should see a "Sign Up" link top right. You can create an account through FB, twitter, or using an email address.

Once you've created the account and log into the website, in your settings page (http://www.kitely.com/settings), you will see an option to buy KCs.
If you already have a Kitely account, you may see an option to log in ( that is what I see). I would expect that you then have access to the KCs in your Kitely account.
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

Look, I know how to setup a Kitely account. I have one. So telling me how to sign up is not answering the question.

let me try another way ...

Consider JohnDoe Avatar. He's self-hosting a sim on OSGrid named MyHomeSim. He sees a house he wants on Kitely Market. The house is copy, mod, export and no trans. The house is priced in KC only. If the person behind JohnDoe Avatar sets up a Kitely account, that av is JohnDoe Avatar@Kitely, not JohnDoe Avatar@MyHomeSim. The Kitely av can get KC and buy the house but he cannot Transfer to the MyHomeSim av. So, how does JohnDoe Avatar@MyHomeSim obtain KC with which to buy the house?

Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Sarge, from what I saw someplace, I think HGB, you can put any name in the sendto avie place you want to put...I have not tried this but will tomorrow.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Sarge Misfit wrote:Look, I know how to setup a Kitely account. I have one. So telling me how to sign up is not answering the question.

let me try another way ...

Consider JohnDoe Avatar. He's self-hosting a sim on OSGrid named MyHomeSim. He sees a house he wants on Kitely Market. The house is copy, mod, export and no trans. The house is priced in KC only. If the person behind JohnDoe Avatar sets up a Kitely account, that av is JohnDoe Avatar@Kitely, not JohnDoe Avatar@MyHomeSim. The Kitely av can get KC and buy the house but he cannot Transfer to the MyHomeSim av. So, how does JohnDoe Avatar@MyHomeSim obtain KC with which to buy the house?
Sorry Sarge I had a brain skip. I know you have an account, I just blanked out.

What I was trying to say above, is that as far as I understand, you have to sign into the Kitely market with a Kitely account. When you check out, you give the details for delivery to the JohnDoe Avatar@MyHomeSim.
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

I guess for those who are adamant about not creating a Kitely account, they're just out of luck. I don't think that's a big issue, they'll just have to limit their shopping to those things that are priced in US$.

On a personal note, I'm now deciding on whether to concentrate on combat gear or vehicles to sell on the MP (not sure if we can have more than one store yet). And I plan on making Kitely my HG HQ, which is why I haven't been grid-hopping much lately.
These users thanked the author Sarge Misfit for the post (total 2):
Constance Peregrineoopsee joseppe