Trying delivery to own grid

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Gwyneth Llewelyn

Trying delivery to own grid

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Hi,

First of all, let me say how excited I am to see the first commercial marketplace that spans multiple grids! Thanks, Kitely, for doing this amazing bit of coding! :-)

Obviously I had to try out delivery to my company's private grid (yes, we also have an island on Kitely for public visits — a copy of the private content gets sent to the public island on Kitely occasionally).

Our grid is very, uh, "bleeding edge", and this might be the reason that things do not work yet. We're running 0.8.0 Dev, usually the latest nightly build (there are reasons for that, but that's another story).

So the first step is to validate delivery. And here I've stumbled upon an issue: the Notecard with the code does not get delivered... but clearly it's "almost" there. Here is what I get on the logs:

22:34:14 - [HG SUITCASE INVENTORY SERVICE]: Found no folder for type Notecard for user 35c965ac-0b37-4b36-968a-6dbdc127a544
22:34:15 - [HG SUITCASE INVENTORY SERVICE]: GetRootFolder for 35c965ac-0b37-4b36-968a-6dbdc127a544

That UUID is definitely the correct one for my avatar on that grid.

The folder "Notecard" is certainly there... I've added a "test" notecard, so just to make sure there was something in it.

I understand that this is pretty much cryptic. Apparently, Kitely has no problem in contacting our grid and informing that they're attempting the delivery of a "Notecard". But, strangely enough, this "Notecard" is not seen as a Notecard?

The only explanation I have is that 0.8.0 Dev has different types than 0.7.6. Of course I didn't notice any difference when doing the migration, because all migrations also update the database. Still, I have no idea if that's the case; I'm just widely speculating.

I know I have no firewall issues... because usually I log in to that grid from several different places when I need to work on it. HG usually has no problems, at least with 0.7.6 grids.

There might be some settings that are not turned on... maybe some obscure .ini settings for "allow external grids to create objects in user's folder" or something sinister like that, which didn't exist in 0.7.X. Still, I'd welcome any suggestion you might have. If all else fails, I think I can set up a region just with 0.7.6, join it to the grid, and see if that fixes the issue.

I'm pretty sure it's a problem just on our side, but any clues would be most welcome! They might even be posted on the Kitely wiki — sooner or later, many grids will migrate to 0.8.0 as soon as it becomes a stable release, and I'm sure it's important to make sure that marketplace delivery continues to work fine!

Thank you all in advance!
I'm just a virtual girl in a virtual world...

For my PGP key, see https://keybase.io/gwynethllewelyn
Ilan Tochner

Re: Trying delivery to own grid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Gwyneth,

We actually saw you had a problem and emailed you how to correct it a few hours ago. This is what I sent you:
We saw you encountered a problem adding your grid and I wanted to let you know how you can resolve the problem.

The problem is due to a bug that existed with My Suitecase code in OpenSim 0.8 Master branch that was fixed on March 20. Upgrading your grid (including ROBUST) to the latest Master code should help resolve the problem.

If you're running OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev then I suggest you upgrade to the latest official release.

You may also need to delete your My Suitcase folder and restart your viewer, that is what Maria Korolov needed to do, see her mention of the problems she encountered here: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/0 ... livers-to/

Please let me know if this helped resolve the problem.
Gwyneth Llewelyn

Sorry, Ilan! :-( I sort of got distracted...

So, yes, I can confirm that this definitely works. As per your (and Maria's) suggestion, I deleted the "My Suitcase" folder, logged out, upgraded my OpenSim grid to the latest 0.8.0 Dev branch, and logged back in. The notecard with the code was swiftly delivered without errors. A curious thing is that it was delivered to a "My Suitcase" folder.. which was in the trash! But the main thing is that it worked flawlessly.

I couldn't test actual delivery of an item to my grid because there is something wrong with my PayPal account and I couldn't get the transaction to complete, but I'll be trying again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's something on PayPal's side and not Kitely's.

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Super, please keep us updated Gwyneth.
Gwyneth Llewelyn

Success! Worked like a charm! :-) As predicted, the problem with the credit card processing was on my side; once I kicked PayPal into submission, I had no problem buying KCs, and, after that, delivery went smoothly and quickly.

Wonderful work :)

Now to persuade all those Kitely content creators to check the "Export" button hehe... (I'm to blame too, I forgot to do so on one of my test items!)
These users thanked the author Gwyneth Llewelyn for the post (total 3):
oopsee joseppeDot MatrixIlan Tochner