new name same avatar on Great Canadian Grid

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Lani Kahakumele
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

new name same avatar on Great Canadian Grid

Post by Lani Kahakumele »

oopsa .. was ordering an item for export. put the new name of the avi. kitely account name the old name. it is now trying to send it to a name that has been changed. how do I cancel the order? thanks!
Ilan Tochner

Re: new name same avatar on Great Canadian Grid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you referring to this order? https://www.kitely.com/market/order/1000008323141 (other users won't be able to access this link)

You'll note that you bought the items for "Lani Kahakumele @ Great Canadian Grid" and that those items have already been delivered to that grid. It is now at the stage when it's waiting for that avatar to press the link in the IM our system sent it to complete the transfer.

Are you saying that "Lani Kahakumele @ Great Canadian Grid" no longer exists and that you want the items delivered to another avatar instead?
Lani Kahakumele

yes. that is the order. that is what I meant. I did put Yukie Mizuko as recipient but when I clicked to buy it put it to Lani instead. can this be fixed? I hope :-)
Lani Kahakumele

so, yes, Lani Kahakumele no longer on Great Canadian Grid .. the order should be going to Yukie Mizuko ... thanks
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Does this avatar have the same UUID as the old one? In other words, did you just rename your previous avatar on GCG?
Lani Kahakumele

I just renamed it from Lani Kahakumele to Yukie Mizuko. cannot say if are same uuid as I never copied the uuid of Lani
Lani Kahakumele

I have ordered other items to be exported to Yukie .. they went fine. So do not know how this one did not ...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please rename your avatar in GCG back to Lani Kahakumele, press the Resend IM link in the Kitely Market order page and then rename your avatar to Yukie Mizuko again. As this avatar has the same UUID you'll retain ownership of the bought item after the change.

After you do so, please make sure to specify your current avatar name whenever you want items delivered to it.
beverly Zauberflote

Post by beverly Zauberflote »

The order in question was something she bought from me. I just want to point out that although she HG visited my world Witchy's as Yukie (multiple times)....our servers saw her as Lani according to my account history. (see the jpg attached). She is almost positive she put in the name Yukie and was stunned when the system told her it was delivering to lani. I believe the UUID is probably the same but our servers don't recognize Yukie.

just theorizing.....

edited to say, she has the item now as Yukie.....
Attachments
lani visting witchy.jpg
lani visting witchy.jpg (8.03 KiB) Viewed 8610 times
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the info Beverly.

Her two avatars do indeed use the same UUID and therefor are, technically, the same avatar. Our system caches the first avatar name that uses a given UUID. Changing that (for future log entries) requires us to manually reset the association. It also requires the old UUID association to be properly replaced at the avatar's home grid (which may or may not be the case for her avatar).