Making my wearables Exportable

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Kyra Reyer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Making my wearables Exportable

Post by Kyra Reyer »

Hi, I design skins, shapes and other wearable products. I am very interested in making these items exportable for people to use on the hypergrid but am having a tough time figuring out how to do it. What exact permissions and such do I have to click to make this possible?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Making my wearables Exportable

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kyra,

If the items have your Kitely avatar as the creator then you don't need to do anything other than check the Export checkbox in the Kitely Market product listing. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Shandon LoringMichael Timeless
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:28 pm
If the items have your Kitely avatar as the creator then you don't need to do anything other than check the Export checkbox in the Kitely Market product listing.
Does this imply a problem if the product was created (by a same-named avatar) in a different grid?
These users thanked the author Tanya Matahari for the post:
Michael Timeless
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

I’m not the expert on this but each Avatar despite name has a unique UUID. So, Michael Timeless of Kitely can’t use Michael Timeless of Digiworldz items. Otherwise any grid could duplicate your avi and gain access to your permissions. If I’m wrong Ilan will correct me.
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Tanya Matahari
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Michael is correct. Each avatar has its own unique UUID and Kitely Market only treats you as the creator if the items you're trying to add to the marketplace have your Kitely avatar's UUID as their creator.

To prevent the kind of fraud Michael mentioned, Kitely also prevents an avatar from buying from Kitely Market or teleporting into Kitely if that avatar uses the same UUID as another avatar that is known to our system. That's why some people need to contact us if their grid has been switched to use another grid URI and our system starts blocking avatars that previously visited Kitely from teleporting into Kitely or buying from Kitely Market.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Tanya Matahari
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

Thank you Ilan, makes perfect sense and sounds very secure. :)
These users thanked the author Tanya Matahari for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Visit my Kitely Market Store for Matahari Style Couture plus beautiful footwear from Killer Heels.
Tanya Matahari

Post by Tanya Matahari »

OK, I think I need some further clarification on this topic. I had a mesh item this week that for whatever reason would not upload into Kitely. I did however have the same item already uploaded successfully in Discovery Grid, so I passed it across, full perms, to my Kitely avi. Then I realised it had been said above that the Kitely avatar must be the CREATOR of the product to be able to list it on the Market, uh oh.

I did a test listing, everything except Activate, and it did seem as if I would be able to list this product, even though original creator was Discovery Tanya, not Kitely Tanya. Then I got to thinking, what if my product had content in it such as a script, from a different creator? Would that prevent it from being listed?

I am really confused now, can somebody please advise?
Thanks
Tanya
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tanya,

You can list items that have components that were made by a different creator if your Kitely avatar has the appropriate Next Owner permissions for those components. However, if you acquired those components via Kitely Market then you will only be able to enable the Export permission for your listed product if you bought these components with the Export permission.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless