Buildings that need Rezzing Boxes

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Koshari Mahana

Buildings that need Rezzing Boxes

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I've never sold on the Kitely Market before and I'm trying to figure out if I can. Most of my builds are linked in a few sections (sometimes for size, sometimes because they move or because a section needs to be phantom), they require rezzing boxes so that the customer doesn't have to struggle with setting them up. Is it possible for Kitely Market to deliver to other grids if the item is in a rezzing box?

Thanks in advance,
Koshari
Ilan Tochner

Re: Buildings that need Rezzing Boxes

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

Yes, Kitely Market can deliver items that are stored in a rezzing box to other grids.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Witchy's store (among others) uses rezzing boxes to deliver items via Kitely Market. I can attest that they work well. So it should be fine!
Jenni Siri
Has thanked: 0

Post by Jenni Siri »

Thanks Ilan and Dot. Do I need to import my builds into Kitely and put them in rez boxes there and is there a certain type of rezzing box I need to use? Would it work if I put them in rezzing boxes via Great Canadian grid? I've been in SL and InWorldz but I haven't brought any of my builds into other grids yet. I appreciate your help!
These users thanked the author Jenni Siri for the post:
Dot Matrix
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Jenni,

You don't have to box the items yourself, Kitely Market automatically boxes items it delivers to third-party grids. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... en-to-all/

Items have to be in your Kitely avatar's inventory in order to add them to a Kitely Market product listing. You can store them there ready for use and let the marketplace do the boxing for you. It will also save your customers from having to open another layer of boxes before they can access the items they bought from you.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Oooooh! The creator of Four Winds!! Welcome to Kitely! :D

I suspect there needs to be a distinction here between rez boxes and delivery boxes.

You don't need to use delivery boxes, because Kitely Market sorts all that out, as Ilan says.

However, for houses etc made of more than one part, it does help us customers to have a rez box we can use to fine-tune placement.

Brayla Sana has a set of tested and working freebie scripts for rez boxes etc on her region: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Br ... na-Gallery

Hope this helps! :)

==========
Edited to add: The first house I bought in SL back in 2008 was one from Four Winds, and I bought several more subsequently. Hence the :D
Jenni Siri

Post by Jenni Siri »

Thanks Ilan,

That helps, me a lot. I have most of my builds in Second Inventory so I assume that works to bring them into Kitely. I love that you have a marketplace that will deliver to so many worlds!
Jenni Siri

Post by Jenni Siri »

Thank you for your kind words and help Dot. That's great to know where I can get rezzing box scripts because I do need rez boxes for more than 1/2 of my builds.

I'm curious about Kitely linking limits and prim size limits, is there a page where I can find all of that information? Some of my homes were rebuilt in Inworldz when you could link an almost unlimited number of prims and there was virtually no limit on prim sizes (in their early days) so that may or may not be a problem when importing into Kitely.

Thanks again for all of your help and warm welcome! :)
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

A few years ago Zuza of 21strom wrote an article for Hypergrid Business explaining How to transfer content from SL to Kitely. This includes a section on "Backup with Second Inventory (Stored Inventory)" -- scroll down to find it.

Some of the initial information about Kitely is now out of date (see Kitely Services for current land rental options and prim allowances), but the Kitely Merchants Sandbox Zuza mentions is still available -- and uploads of items are free.

As for prim size limits in Kitely, you can resize a prim to 256 m in any dimension, and rez even larger ones (but you can't make these from scratch, and they are tricky to select afterwards!).

I don't know what the prim linking limit is; hopefully a keen builder will be able to help there.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1076&p=8047 for some earlier experiments on linksets.