Setting up

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
margie baxley
Has thanked: 0

Re: Setting up

Post by margie baxley »

I was trying from my opensim grid.
This is what I put in the map- grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Welcome Center
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please try to use the following procedure to try to add your grid to the Kitely Market shopping cart Grid Manager: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/0 ... livers-to/

Please let me know whether this succeeded, and if didn't what the grid URI you used for defining your grid.
margie baxley

Post by margie baxley »

I tried that and I get this error- We couldn't contact the grid at this address (thehavengrid.ddns.net:8002). Either the address is incorrect; the grid doesn't support Hypergrid; or we were blocked by a firewall.

I'm using this url- http://thehavengrid.ddns.net:8002 and my AV name is Maggie Barkley.

Margie
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

ddns.net is a free dynamic dns service. My guess is that you've simply not set up that service to point to the IP that your computer is currently assigned by your ISP. Once you set that up it should work.
margie baxley

Post by margie baxley »

Its the one that I use to run my grid also, it already points to my ip address.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You set up your grid to point to your local IP "127.0.0.1:8002" instead of to your external one (the one provided by your ISP and what should be pointed to by the dynamic dns service you're using). You need to update your OpenSim ini files to use the correct addresses.

The reason the lookup fails is because the local IP address you used always points to the computer currently making the query and your grid is not running on the Kitely server that is trying to contact your grid.
margie baxley

Post by margie baxley »

I have my .ini files going to my external ip which I have the ddns connected to- 173.93.167.65
People that are not on my isp can log into my sim. I just can't hypergrid out or in. I keep going over the instructions to see if I missed something.

Thanks.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Which ini files have you configured? please list them by name.

Please open these files and search for any reference to any other URL or IP address.

Please note that in order to access Kitely you'll need to ensure your ini files only refernce URLs and not IP addresses.
margie baxley

Post by margie baxley »

Thanks. I edited-
robust.ini
robust.hg.ini
opensim.ini
gridcommon.ini.

I've done it two ways, I tried the kitely way where I only modified robust and I've done it the opensim way where i modify all the above files.

After I did it the opensim way, Kitely verified my grid, but if I try and purchase to my AV it say's "avater not found". And if I try and tp to Kitely from my grid it says "teleport failed".
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Once Kitely Market is willing to verify your grid you're almost there. Please follow these steps to enable our marketplace to find your avatar:

1) Go to your Kitely Market shopping cart and switch the Deliver To setting to Other Avatar.
2) Clear the Avatar Name field.
3) Open the grid manager and delete your grid definition.
4) Add back your grid definition, as your grid has already been verified you shouldn't be prompted to verify it again.
5) Type in the name of the avatar in your grid to which you wish the items to be delivered.
6) Attempt to purchase something from Kitely Market.

Please update me regarding the results.