Seriously need trigger to direct orders to correct avatar

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Contessa Lacombe

Seriously need trigger to direct orders to correct avatar

Post by Contessa Lacombe »

I've recently purchased a large amount of items from the Kitely Market, to be sent to my avatar at Digiworldz. However, this morning, for the second time, I'm embarrassed to say that I failed to send my order to my avatar in Digiworldz. Yes, the last time the Kitely folks very graciously resent my order to the right place--thank you. But now I'm sitting here with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach because unless they have mercy on me again, I've just wasted my money and still don't have what I need. (order #1000046451293--I did send an email, but you folks are probably still sleeping peacefully.) Yes, I'm embarrassed and distressed, but just so you know it's a very easy thing to do, too easy.
The point of this confession is this.....A great improvement to the ordering process would be some sort of trigger that asks you, before you hit the final button......"Hey, are you certain this is where you want this order to go?" It would save the market folks the trouble of helping me correct my mistake. And it would save me from this humiliation, as well as this upset stomach. :) Just a suggestion. (But, thank you for the great market, and the excellent service!)
Contessa Lacombe

Re: Seriously need trigger to direct orders to correct avatar

Post by Contessa Lacombe »

And look! While I've been here moaning......you ARE awake, and you've fixed everything! Kitely gives great service! But, really, do you ever sleep???
These users thanked the author Contessa Lacombe for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteMichael Timeless
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Contessa, I do sleep, occasionally :-)

A well known rule in marketplace design is to reduce the number of operations that the buyer needs to make before ordering. So while we appreciate your suggestion, and agree it may help some people avoid confusion, it will also likely annoy a great deal more people that just set their Deliver To setting once and keep it that way for future transactions.

In any case, we've redelivered your order to your DigiWorldz avatar. In the future, before you order, please verify that the deliver To setting at the top of your Kitely Market shopping cart is set to the avatar to which you wish the order to be sent. It will save you from needing to write emails or forums posts :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Contessa LacombeGenavieve PageChris NamasteMichael Timeless
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

One other question on this topic

I explore a lot of grids. Is there a set period before a grid is added in grid manager and the Market will recognize the avatar on that particular grid. (Or, is it, as I suspect, dependent on the speed of the receiving grid [i.e. 3rdlife grid[)?
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Hypatia Emerson
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

Kitely Market has delivered items to more than 270 OpenSim grids to date, the great majority of which aren't included in the default Kitely Market grid list. We keep that list intentionally short with the major criteria for inclusion being the amount of sales we've made to that grid. As such, we update that list every once in a while to reflect the current popular delivery destinations.

That said, any OpenSim grid can be easily added to people's own Kitely Market grid manager without any manual involvement by us. You simply click the grid manager link in the Kitely Market shopping cart and enter the grid URI of the grid you wish to add. If that grid has yet to be verified by our system then you'll need to complete a short verification process for it. During this process an IM with a notecard will be sent to an avatar belonging to that grid and you'll need to paste a code from that notecard into our system to verify that the grid can properly accept deliveries from our marketplace.

Once a grid has been verified you can also create a link that will automatically add that grid to the clicker's Kitiely Market grid list.

See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ery+Option
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Genavieve PageMichael Timeless
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

Here is a video tutorial I made to show my customers.

These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteMichael Timeless
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Brayla :-)