Understanding Redelivering Items

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Koshari Mahana

Understanding Redelivering Items

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Most of the time when redelivering updated items from the market to other grids I get this message:
Item Delivery Failed
We couldn't deliver "Name of item" from Kitely Market to person's name @ person's grid.

We couldn't send an IM to person's name @ person's grid. Make sure that the avatar is online and in its home grid, and then click Resend IM. If this still fails then please contact Kitely.
My question is... Does this mean they won't get any notification to click on or that they will get the notification next time they are online? I seem to get this message on almost all of the items I redeliver to other grids. I don't know how I can easily give them updated items if they aren't receiving notifications or if the deliveries fail each time. Most avatars are not online all the time, some aren't even online every day or every week.

Thanks for any clarification that you can give me.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Re: Understanding Redelivering Items

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

This can happen when avatar UUIDs have been changed, the avatar's grid URI has changed, or that grid is currently refusing asset transfers or IMs from our marketplace (which can be temporary or permanent).

If we can't contact the user we can't send them a notification and they won't be notified. You can learn more about this potential problem and the tool we created to help address it here: viewtopic.php?t=4324
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks Ilan. What would cause and avatar's UUID to change or what would cause a grid's URI to change? Almost every single avatar and every single grid outside of Kitely is failing.

Okay, so I just now tried to redeliver and updated item to 13 people on various grids, they ALL failed. Here is a list of the grids for all 13 deliveries:

@ DreamNation
@ DigiWorldZ Grid
@ OSGrid
@ DigiWorldZ Grid
@ ZetaWorlds
@ Discovery Grid
@ Pacification Grid
@ OSGrid
@ DigiWorldZ Grid
@ OSGrid
@ World of Ascension
@ Genesis
@ AviWorlds

I can't imagine that all 13 users and/or all of these grids have changed UUIDs, URIs or can't accept IM's from the Kitely Market ... which makes me wonder if it's something else or that there is a bug.

I changed the name of the item for the listing, would changing the name affect anything?
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Chris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

This might explain why last week my Kitely avatar was unable to share a full-perms item with my OpenSim Community Conference Grid avatar unless it went to the OSCC grid. That was not the case in early December.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You'd be surprised how often grid owners decide to change thier grid URIs by changing a port or the subdomain they use for hypergrid access. Even changing capitalization of letters changes the URI.

The most common cause for avatar URIs changing is people moving servers and recreating the avatars instead of restoring them from backup. This is often done when grids have some database issue which they were unable to recover from.

Please remember that the reason for a delivery failure can also be that the recipient's grid isn't accepting IMs for it. That can be due to the avatar having been deleted, it could be because the avatar is offline and the grid doesn't support offline IMs, it could be because the avatar's IM inbox is full, or it can be because the grid itself is currently offline.

These are all things outside our control. When a new order delivery is initated and fails to complete there is a link on the order page to retry to redeliver the order. As explained in the link above, this option isn't user accessible for redeliveries of orders that have already been successfully delivered.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Koshari MahanaGraham MillsChris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

Koshari :)
the beautiful,house arrived in digiworldz (in case you did not know),

SUPER THANKYOU's for doing this,it's so kind of u! & so appreciated for all efforts :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Chris,
Thanks for letting me know! That's good to hear!
Koshari
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Chris Namaste
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thank you Ilan, I guess when I do updates (which I have quite a lot to do because I'm updating the rezzing boxes on everything) I'll announce them in my Four Winds group so that if someone is a member, and didn't receive the update I can hand-deliver it to them. It looks like Chris got hers in Digiworldz so that's a good sign.

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:25 am
You'd be surprised how often grid owners decide to change thier grid URIs by changing a port or the subdomain they use for hypergrid access. Even changing capitalization of letters changes the URI.

The most common cause for avatar URIs changing is people moving servers and recreating the avatars instead of restoring them from backup. This is often done when grids have some database issue which they were unable to recover from.

Please remember that the reason for a delivery failure can also be that the recipient's grid isn't accepting IMs for it. That can be due to the avatar having been deleted, it could be because the avatar is offline and the grid doesn't support offline IMs, it could be because the avatar's IM inbox is full, or it can be because the grid itself is currently offline.

These are all things outside our control. When a new order delivery is initated and fails to complete there is a link on the order page to retry to redeliver the order. As explained in the link above, this option isn't user accessible for redeliveries of orders that have already been successfully delivered.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste