Customer claims item not exportable but permissions set correctly

Support for buying and delivering products from Kitely Market to non-Kitely grids
Alice Klinger

Customer claims item not exportable but permissions set correctly

Post by Alice Klinger »

Hi guys, maybe one of you could clue me in how a customer can claim the item they got is not exportable, while it looks perfectly exportable to me.
I see permissions set correctly in my marketplace inventory.
Did anything change?
Could it be set wrong during delivery process?
Or maybe they thought exportable means full permission? Did anyone else ever have this?
Itemreview in question:
https://www.kitely.com/market/review/1000063378922
Thank you and happy new year!
These users thanked the author Alice Klinger for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Customer claims item not exportable but permissions set correctly

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alice,

The item you pointed to is exportable so we'd need more information to understand what is causing the issue the buyer complained about.

Are they maybe trying to teleport with the Demo version instead of the bought item? (Demo versions are never exportable)

Did they combine the link or place the item with something else that isn't exportable?

Are they looking at the Export flag in the viewer (which isn't used in Kitely) instead of actually trying to teleport with the item to a different grid? (Which they'll be able to do even regardless of what that viewer flag states, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/)

The easiest way to test if the item is exportable is to try to place it inside the buyer's My Suitcase folder. If our system let's them do that then they'll be able to access it when they teleport to other grids.
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I'm experiencing similar problems Ilan. I built and scripted a house, myself, from the ground up. But now it's showing up as not-exportable and I can't transfer it to any other grid (which means I can't sell it)... and I can't figure out why. Very frustrating. I've sent you a copy for examination.
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Sending me a copy doesn't help Snoop as that has the item's Next Owner permissions not your own permissions. Please note that when it comes to Kitely Market exportability of your own creations (that don't include bought content from Kitely Market) the system requires the item to have Next Owner Transfer and Copy for you to be able to list the item with Export.

Please try disconnecting the item linkset and listing the parts separtly to find which one prevents you from listing it with Export. Then split that part and repeat until you find the specific component that is causing you the issue.