Updated to OpenSim 0.8.2 Dev
- Updates brought in from OpenSim 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 (Dev)
- Script changes -- two new OSSL functions (osForceOtherSit, osGetGender) plus new and improved LSL functions (llCastRay, llGetGeometricCenter, llGetBoundingBox, llGetEnv)
- Other notable changes -- change to how terrain updates are handled; performance metrics; World managers can "kick" a user via the Estate Management dialog; "Grab" objects via control+drag to move them and control+shift+drag tp rotate them; etc.
- "This change will make it much easier to pick up items in other grids and be sure that they will be allowed to enter and leave Kitely freely."
- Updated list of supported OSSL functions to reflect new functions and permissions
- Bug fixes -- Transfer Stations work again (fixes bug that came in 0.8.2); Group access to worlds now works for Hypergrid users too; short form kitely.com:8002 allowed in World Map search, but using the full form grid.kitely.com:8002 is recommended
New Tools for Fixing Slow Scripts
- How to fix slow worlds
- Find and fix slow scripts
- New script features will be contributed to OpenSim
- Other improvements -- continued work on picking up items from other grids and having them remain Exportable; Group lists now show online members, or the last time members were online; OSSL function osKey2Name now returns the full name (including grid) for HG users
- New "Active World" panel charts the world's performance while it is active, in terms of:
- Active Time – how long the world has been active in the current session.
- Visitors – the current number of avatars in the world.
- CPU (Number) – the current CPU usage of the world.
- CPU (Graph) – a history of the CPU usage.
- Packets (Graph) – the number of networking packets sent between the world and the viewers that are connected to it.
- "Stop world" link added
- Guide for Optimizing World Performance
- Added confirmation dialog when "Stop World" is clicked
- Default viewer updated to Firestorm 4.7.3
- YouTube and Flickr links now allowed in Kitely Market listings
- HGing Home to Kitely megaregion from other grids now works
Improved Offline IMs and Friend Requests
- Bug fixes that solve several problems people reported in forums
- Kitely Market analytics now show for a maximum of 3 years, instead of original 2
Big Kitely Worlds Will Soon be Converted to VarRegions
- Historical background: Multi-region mode, Megaregions, Kitely Advanced Megaregions -- VarRegions
- What will change and what will stay the same
- What users might need to do
- Upgrade to OpenSim 0.8.2 Release
- changes to format of compiled scripts
- value for Physics FPS changed back
- #Kitely Market folder moved near bottom of inventory
- new OSSL function: osGetAvatarHomeURI (gets the address of the avatar's home grid)
- All multi-region and Advanced Megaregion worlds changed to VarRegions
- Kitely optimisations result in 10 times faster loading of an object's contents
- Additional fonts can be used in scripts, including Zapf Chancery, Arial Black, Comic Sans MS (if it's good enough to announce the Higgs...), Impact, and Webdings
- Can now search for world names with "of" and "in" in them
- Default viewer changed to Firestorm 4.7.5
- Updated to OpenSim 0.8.2.1
- Improved Kitely's inventory system for users with very large inventories
- Big worlds now properly displayed on the viewer map as online
- Teleport bug fixed for big worlds
- Testing two versions of llCastRay -- see this forum thread