Kitely Academy?

Talk about community-managed projects in Kitely
Constance Peregrine

Re: Kitely Academy?

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Carlos Loff wrote:
Roswenthe Blackwell wrote:The poll didn't have enough answers to decide on setup, but it did show a pretty universal desire for advanced building, scripting, and mesh classes. Most also wanted languages.

If anybody else wants to vote in the poll, that thread is here.
Its really a pity many people come here complain about Kitely needs for community and than so few participate on your pool, I wanted to congratulate you for that initiative and say it is always useful for all
If I might interject here. The people and community issue is the case for all BUT SL...it depends upon some few people who have the desire, to drum up things to do, offer them, promote others, and take it all with a grain of salt.

The good thing here is the ability to hypergate and, imo, if you join various places you can always find something to do or something to see. There is so many things to do I had to personally back off as it just took to much time and energy to push them out to others.

We need people to do this, to collaborate, and to network much more than is done.

Then those who still can't find enough to do, and are still in SL, they always have that option.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Roswenthe Blackwell

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

I'm not really worried about a small response right now. The areas where I think it makes the most difference is whether or not to have a staff or an open campus, and whether or not to affiliate with another group. We got a few more votes since this morning, and those are still too close to call. Though, I wonder on collaboration if each person who voted for that was wanting to collaborate with a different group.

We are right now just kinda feeling things out, seeing if there's even a strong enough need to sustain it. I do see it as being a need in general, because even SL is lacking in these types of classes now. I'm pretty ambivalent on both the setup and the format, because I think it could work a number of ways. I will do a bit of research and see what I come up with. If you are very interested in an academy, don't be afraid to get in contact with me and we can talk about it.
These users thanked the author Roswenthe Blackwell for the post:
Carlos Loff
Roswenthe Blackwell

I have set up a premium world called Arrowsmith University for developing out this idea. Name, setup, everything is still in the air, but I'll be messaging a few people who have expressed interest in helping to me, and if you do, please contact me as well. I think for now we'll start a discussion group about it, and start feeling out some ideas. It's currently not open to HG, but will be in the future if it goes forward.
These users thanked the author Roswenthe Blackwell for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansConstance Peregrine
Savino van Meirhaeghe

Post by Savino van Meirhaeghe »

i as real live organ player have try simulate a virtual music classroom in some grids also in kitely
promo pic out hypergrid business ano 2012
hugs
savino
Attachments
classroom.jpg
classroom.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
These users thanked the author Savino van Meirhaeghe for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

From http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 538#p14538:
Roxy Gellar wrote:I just found out that there is a Blender class Sundays on LIttleGrid. It's the same instructor as the one who teaches for Builder's Brewery in SL.
What if the academy includes a hypergrid port with portals and posters for classes already set up elsewhere? That would help to share and support the work across OpenSim.
Roswenthe Blackwell

Dot Matrix wrote:From http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 538#p14538:
Roxy Gellar wrote:I just found out that there is a Blender class Sundays on LIttleGrid. It's the same instructor as the one who teaches for Builder's Brewery in SL.
What if the academy includes a hypergrid port with portals and posters for classes already set up elsewhere? That would help to share and support the work across OpenSim.
I think that's a good idea, but it would require an academy staff to keep it updated, which is one of the first decisions I think we need to make. There was a slight bigger call for an open campus, but it was so close, so we need to hash that out. I think the more we want to make it very networked, the more we'd need some dedicated people to be willing to help with that.

And Roxy - I was thinking the other day that I'd love some music classes, more than just your average "How to DJ" class.

I have started a group on G+ to start discussing some of these issues. The group is closed, but you can request to join.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I have posted and article about this idea:

Kitely academy. Let's think Hypergrid.
http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... think.html

I am updating this article to include suggestions and information as I find things in my sources. I am watching this thread among others. I hope to see growing interest in this project.