Announcing the Opening of... "3D Virtual Reflections of a Digital COVID-19 Memorial" @ VLTCC

Talk about community-managed projects in Kitely
Sally Cherry

Announcing the Opening of... "3D Virtual Reflections of a Digital COVID-19 Memorial" @ VLTCC

Post by Sally Cherry »

Pleased to announce that my latest "Real to Virtual; Virtual to Real" integration project, "3D Virtual Reflections of a Digital COVID-19 Memorial” is now open within the Virtual Laboratory Training and Career Center (VLTCC). The 3D immersive virtual world project was created to share information about real life United Memories, a digital COVID-19 memorial honoring Black lives lost to COVID-19 in the United States. The real life COVID-19 memorial was created by the Founder and CEO of Black Ladies in Public Health (BLiPH), Dr. Jasmine Ward with other dynamic Black women from across the country who also serve as leaders in public health. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, these women have been investing their time, talents and treasures to organize and mobilize the community in a collaborative effort to develop United Memories. The real life United Memories website was launched to bring the names, faces and stories of the diverse community of Black people who lost their lives to COVID-19 in the United States to the forefront. It gives family members, friends, coworkers and colleagues an opportunity to share photos and stories of those lost to COVID19. The submission of related visual art, music, and poetry is encouraged. I applaud the vision, work and commitment of Dr. Ward and everyone involved especially the “Truth-Tellers” for pouring this cultural libation into the world as a ritual of recognition, honor, and remembrance.

The overall purpose of "3D Virtual Reflections of a Digital COVID-19 Memorial" at VLTCC was to share information about the real life digital COVID-19 memorial. Throughout the review and building process, I found myself reflecting on the profound loss within the African-American community in the United States. The 3D immersive virtual world project serves as another way to grieve, reflect, and remember. It was an honor to build the "3D Immersive Virtual Reflections of a digital COVID-19 Memorial in remembrance of Black lives lost to the COVID-19 pandemic. You are invited to browse the photo album for the 3D immersive virtual world building project entitled, “3D Virtual Reflections of a digital COVID-19 Memorial… the “Real to Virtual; Virtual to Real” integration of United Memories into a 3D Immersive Virtual World". You encouraged to visit the 3D immersive virtual world project located within VLTCC- Memorial. To learn more about the real life United Memories, or submit information about a honoree; share uplifting artwork (or poetry) and/or know of resources to assist in the grieving process, visit the website at http://www.unitedmemories.com.

3D Virtual Reflections of a Digital COVID-19 Memorial
Region: Virtual Laboratory Training and (143, 711, 24)
grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Virtual Laboratory Training and (143, 711, 24)
In Kitely with Firestorm, use Firestorm Hop:
[url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtual Laboratory Training and/143/711/24[/url] (Map)

Project Photo album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmU6yHHR
Attachments
UM Brownstone 1st Flr
UM Brownstone 1st Flr
UM Brownstone 1st Flr rs (04).jpg (339.4 KiB) Viewed 2792 times
These users thanked the author Sally Cherry for the post (total 7):
Selby EvansDot MatrixIlan TochnerChris NamasteAda RadiusKim McCabeMoonrise Azalee
"Real to Virtual; Virtual to Real"
Sally Cherry aka Sally S. Cherry, MLS(ASCP)
STI Laboratory Consultant/Social Media Strategist

W : https://linktr.ee/Real2Virtual2Real
FB: https://www.facebook.com/VirtualLaborat ... ningCenter
Snoots Dwagon

Re: Announcing the Opening of... "3D Virtual Reflections of a Digital COVID-19 Memorial" @ VLTCC

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

The above photo measures 1804 x 884 and is hosted directly on Kitely forums. Wondering if you could tell us how you loaded it on the forum for visible view (several people have wondered this lately). Thanks you in advance. :D
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Kim McCabe
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~