Changing Plans

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Dagon Xanith

Changing Plans

Post by Dagon Xanith »

I want to change my plan during the next come billing period but there is no real way to do this without additional charges that affect the current month I have already paid.
I don't need the new 30 regions. I got the plan because I wanted the unlimited time. I would be happy with less regions but I can't change it without going back to limited amount of time.
Is there going to be option on first when I have the money to switch our plans?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Changing Plans

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dagon,

You can downgrade plans whenever you want and the system will keep you on the plan you paid for until the end of the month and then automatically switch you to the new plan you selected at the beginning of the month. The user interface will have a line of text added to it to let you know that's the case. If you then upgrade back during the month in which you previously downgraded you'll only be charged the difference between what you needed to pay had you not paid for that feature that month and what you already paid for it.

I don't understand what you mean by "Is there going to be option on first when I have the money to switch our plans?" can you please rephrase that question?
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Whenever I have tried to change plans it the system wants to charge me.
I can stop my plan any time without being charged but if I want the plan changed I always get message saying its going to charge me. If I change to silver right now it want whatever money plus I go back on limited time.
That not what I want but if I wait until the first I don't get that option. And your system is day head of my time zone. It start charging me on 31st before I even get paid.
II already paid 35 dollars this month I just want the unlimited plan the cheaper whatever it is going to be to be charged to my account as of the first.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dagon,

When you downgrade your plan our system needs to replace your existing PayPal subscription with a new one for the lower cost (unless you downgrade to a free option in which case it can just cancel your existing subscription). If you look at the dialog you are shown before you are sent to PayPal you'll see that it states that the "Pay now" amount is $0 and that the monthly payments starting next month will be whatever the plan you downgraded to costs.

What timezone are you located in?
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

I am in PST zone.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dagon,

Subscription payments for our service are divided into two parts, the first part is the prorated amount you are charged when you create the subscription and the second part is the recurring monthly fee we charge you on the 1st of every month you remain on the plan. If you signed up for a plan on the 31st then you will be charged 1/31 of the cost of the plan immediately (on the 31st) and the entire amount of the plan on the 1st of the month.

Please login to your PayPal account and verify the date and amount of the subscription payment that was charged from your account on the 31st of the month.
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

It seemed like before I could subscribe to anything this month after canceling the other plan to the higher plan. I got charged with those daily fees so I figured I get charged last day of month like I did before even I was able to subscribe.
And when I attempted to join a higher plan even the last few days of the month it wanted me to pay something like the system said it wanted certain amount of money for last the last few days of a plan that I didn't have at time.
It wasn't much but it would be nice if you decide at end of half through a period to change plan and its already been paid that it would official start to charge until next pay period.
Any way that why I thought you get charge day a head because I got charged before even the new month kicked in on those daily fees.
It wasn't much but it made me think that when you begin to charge for those daily fees seem to before my first of the month because it began to charge me day before the first after I canceled the bronze plan being on my automatic payment.
Sorry if I am being difficult. I just figure out something when it gets closer.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dagon,

You canceled your previous Bronze Plan on November 10th and, as you already paid for it that month, were automatically downgraded to the Free Plan on midnight GMT between end of November and December 1st.

You had 2 metered regions in your account at that time and the Free Plan only provides 1 free metered region. You were therefore charged 10 KC for having that extra region stored in your account until the end of the day. Had you not upgraded to the Gold Plan 8 hours later you would have been charged another 10 KC at midnight between Dec 1 and Dec 2, and so forth.

Our system enables you to downgrade your account and have that come into effect the next month but it doesn't enable you to order something and only have it delivered at a future date. Had you wanted you could have upgraded to the Gold Plan before the end of the month, paid a pro-rated fee for the difference between the plan prices and the remaining number of days in the month, and gone directly from the Bronze Plan to the Gold Plan without going through the Free Plan first.

Did my answer help clarify things?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Dagon Xanith
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Thanks I think I got it.
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

I switched before Christmas or sometime there after to Silver plan just in case in new year I wanted to add something.
Good news it was no additional charges on paypal when I did it.
Thought okay automatically on first new charges would be there.
Nope I am still being charged gold.
Which really stucks if I wanted to pay for free region. If I had the silver I wouldn't have issue paying additional 14.95 for free region to whomever I wanted to visit but I simply now can't afford it.
I am bit unhappy with it plus world not that fun when I don't have ability to encourage my friends from other worlds to visit and build with me.:(
I am still really confused with the whole system here in kitely because I like free uploads for testing meshes, texture and space.
I will keep the account as long as I can but truthfully I am spending more time in sl because I have friends there, there more stuff to do and buy then here.
What I don't like about kitely is the stuff I can't transfer to kitely from sl.
Even my meshes Cel Edman helped me make look totally different here which really sucks.
But I can use singularity to make new meshes here more easily then SL.
My friends that I have had the last eight years who don't want to visit here is biggest downside of kitely.
Plus there seems to be more options for events, educational opportunities, bigger market place with more options in sl.