Paying for Premium

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Ilan Tochner

Re: Paying for Premium

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'd really like to know why this fails for you and doesn't fail for other people. If they can tell us we're giving them some wrong information then we can fix that but if they confirm that we're sending the same type of request we send for our other customers then there really is nothing we can do about it - it would seem like they were arbitrarily refusing to handle your transaction while accepting other people's transactions.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Ilan, I just called Paypal support. They checked my account and said that my Visa Card is confirmed and I got enough money in my balance. That a payment would go through. They also said that they see that I have made payments to Kitely in the past. That the procedure to buy Kitely KC and to pay for a subscriptions are the same and it should work, but they see also that I have been trying to pay for this subscription and that the payment failed.

He suggested that you contact your paypal support as there is nothing I can do at my side. They mentioned that even though it might work for other people it seems to be something blocking me to finish the payment. They also suggested that I try another browser what I did but trying with Chrome brought the same results.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We looked at our logs to verify what we sent them and it's exactly the same as we've sent for other users (other than the user-specific parts of the API call). It should have just worked.

Do you have access to another PayPal account you can test this with on the same computer?

Do you have access to another computer you can try this with the same PayPal account?
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

pitty, no, I only have one paypal account.

Yes, I will try to make the payment using my laptop.

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I just tried with my laptopn (system Vista), unfortunately the same error :(

Want to add that I turned off the windows firewall and in this laptop I dont run a virus scanner at the moment, because had to deinstall because the test phase was over and I need to get another scanner.

Maybe important. When I am redicted to paypal I see at the upper half: to pay with my paypal balance. On the buttom half it`s the choice to pay either with debit or credit card. It could help to know if those who had no troubles paying with paypal used a debit or credit card because they don`t have a PP balance or because they are not verified. In that case they could enter their CC and paypal would use it to grab the money.

I tried also to test if the payment goes through using the buttom half of the page and entered my visa card but then got the message from paypal that I cannot use the same visa card that is already in my PP data.

sigh so confusing this all

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It certainly is confusing. We have no way to know how the customer chose to pay, we just get the PayPal account identity once the subscription has been created, though I suspect most people don't try to pay using their balance but rather enter the credit card information when creating a PayPal subscription.

Do you have any other card that you can use just to see if you can get past this step? (you don't have to actually complete the transaction, just see if this solves that error at that stage)
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Well Paypal support told me that I should be able to pay with my balance because I got enough funds. And even when I wouldn`t have enough in my balance, Paypal would grab the money from my verified credit card to send the payment.

I only have 1 credit card. What I will do now it`s to delete it from my Paypal records and then try to pay with it and see what happens. I will let you know if it worked.

Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

no, I get the same error sigh

ok, so now the only way it's to buy KC, not my favourite way of paying. I rather prefer to have a subscription. But maybe we have found the solution for the March payment, so I hope.

Got 15.000 KC. Weird no? buying KC works fine for me. For some reason the API to make the subscription is the only that is not working for me.

BTW what did your Paypal support say?

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Buying KC seems to be the safest way to go for people who have problems creating a PayPal subscription. Buying more in bulk should help cover your fees for several months at a time.

Are you trying to use a business credit card or a personal one? What company issued it (VISA, Matercard, etc.)?

PayPal are very unresponsive for calls made from Israel, they put me on hold for 20 minutes and I finally hung up... For the amount of fees we pay them I expected to get better service. :-(
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

ohmei that's a bummer with your paypal. In here I get immediately support after entering my support code. btw I forgot to mention that I tested with my alt and got the same error.

My Visa it's private CC.