Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Miriam Zhivago

Re: Paying for Premium

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Oh, k, Ilan. Thanks for clearing that up. :D
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments.

Well I have always had a visa card attached to my paypal account, plus a bank account to get a 'Verified' state. But I have around 250 US in my paypal balance. So for paypal to use my visa card is not necessary. But when I am redicted from Kitely to paypal to pay the 19.95 usd for Premium, paypal tells me that it is taking the money from my visa card which I dont want it to happen.

Nevermind, this time because it is the 13th of January I needed a smaller amount of KC and was able to pay to Kitely with my KC balance. Will see how it goes in February.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Go to My Profile > My Money, then click Update for My pre-approved payments. This should result a list.

Look for Kitely Ltd. in the leftmost column, and click it. This brings up "Recurring Payments details" about what the payment is for and how often it will be taken.

At the bottom of the page is a section "Payment method", with "Primary payment method" -- on mine it is "PayPal balance" (which is what you want).

PayPal help says that PayPal balance transfer is the default. But might this be a country-specific setting?
If you're sending a PayPal payment, we'll always use any available money in your PayPal balance to fund the payment. If you don't have enough money in your balance, we'll try to take the money from your bank account. If you haven't added a bank account to your PayPal account, we'll try to take the money from a linked card instead.

The default payment preferences are:
  1. Instant balance transfer
  2. Instant bank transfer (if a bank is linked)
  3. Instant card payment (if a card is linked)
  4. eCheque (takes 5-7 working days)
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

On the Kitely side, make sure to change your payment method in your Kitely account Settings page to "PayPal, or Kitely Credits whenever possible": http://www.kitely.com/settings
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

ahh thank you Dot, I had forgotten about that setting. Will do as soon I have paid the February fees.

Thank you Ilan for the info.

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Trying to pay Premium + Starter region for February.

When I change my payment method to "Paypal or KC" or to "Paypal" and I am redicted to paypal, after login in Paypal I get since 2 weeks the following message:
Paypal message
Paypal message
I called Paypal support in Germany and they tell me that they can not see any failure or error report. That I should clean my cookies, what I did, but still not able to pay for my subscriptions. What can this be? Never have had this problem before when paying for a subscription so I am really clueless.

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

We just checked our log and PayPal doesn't provide us with any information about the error. The notice we get indicates that you just canceled the subscription creation. In other words, any error that exists is on their end - we redirect you to their site to complete the PayPal subscription creation and the next time we are involved in the process is when they notify us that the subscription creation process has been canceled.

How is your PayPal account set up? What do you use as payment method when you get that message? What currency does that payment method use?
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I have set my Paypal to US $ as the currency.

When I am redicted to Paypal, I get that error message, before I can come to the page where the payment details are shown.

The steps I do are the following:

1) I change in my Kitely account settings the payment method from Pay with KC to Pay with Paypal or KC
2) Next step I am shown what I will be paying and at the buttom its the Paypal button
3) I am redicted to the page where I have to enter my paypal email and my password to log in
4) I get that error message and can Cancel or Return to Merchant

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Between steps 3 and 4 did you login to your PayPal account?
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

thanks Ilan for taking the time to help me. I appreciate :)

The normal procedure would be after step 3 that I am given in the next page the payment details: to whom I am paying, how much etc. But that page does not come instead I get that error since almost 2 weeks

"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Kitely Ltd. and try another option"

Wondering which other option is meant

What I will try now is to call Paypal support and tell them again about my problem and ask them if they can make this subscription for me manually. Maybe once the subscription exists I will be able in the future to handle my subscriptions with Kitely automatically. Or do you have a better idea?