Paying for Premium

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Miriam Zhivago

Re: Paying for Premium

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

My email would not allow me to forward the message to "http://www.kitely.com," Ilan, so I sent it to the contact address. Is that okay?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes Miriam, the email address we listed in our contact page is the one to use to contact us :-)
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Thank you Ilan, I understand now the reasons. I had not taken into account the Paypal subscriptions and of course wouldn't want to make you extra work. No problem I will pay the amount direct from my PP.

Just trying to pay for Premium and get the message, that Paypal couldn't. I have more than enough money in my Paypal balance. I am assuming it's the same issue I had once in another grid. Paypal support told me that the merchant decides how he wants to be paid: either paypal balance or from debit or credit card. This could be the case this time too.

I prefer to pay for my virtual costs using my paypal balance because it helps me to better keep an eye on the INs and OUTs of my virtual hobby. If I pay now using my credit card all recurring payments for my Premium account will be deducted from my credit card which I don't want to happen. Is there a reason for Kitely to have chosen debit or credit card payments? If possible, would you please make it possible to pay from the paypal balance?

Many thanks
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Isis Ophelia wrote: I have more than enough money in my Paypal balance.
ears perk....[I know this charity where to much money in one's paypal account will be well used...The Minethere Philanthropy]

Hugsa Isis!!

[excuse the thread derail!!]
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

I wish it were as simple as us deciding to accept recurring payments from your PayPal balance but, alas, PayPal doesn't allow creating a recurring payment unless your account is connected to a credit card. If they can tell us how to set things up on our end so we could get paid subscription payments immediately from your PayPal balance (i.e. not using a credit card or eCheck which takes up to a week to clear) then we'd be happy to do so.

The only thing they charge your PayPal balance is one-time payments such as the ones you make when you buy KC. If you wish to avoid having your credit card charged you could therefore go the route of buying a lot of KC and setting your Kitely payment method to "Only Kitely Credits" (this can be done in your Kitely account's Settings page). This way we'll charge your account just using your KC balance. The downside is that you will have to make sure that your account has enough KC at the beginning of each month to cover our monthly charge for the services you signed up for.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

The other grid called to their paypal support and later when paying the monthly recurring payment to that grid, paypal deducted it from my balance. So seems there is a way for the receiver to change that. Unfortunately I can't ask the grid owner how they managed it, because the grid closed a while back.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Isis, I don't know whether this will help, but...

I have a credit/debit card attached to my PayPal account, but always make sure that there is enough money in the account so that Kitely payments come from the balance, topping it up by bank transfer and conversion to USD. PayPal always takes any payments first out of the balance, only going to the card if the balance is insufficient, and then only to top it up.

One way round this might be to transfer a known amount to PayPal (say 50 USD), using this as a cash float in effect, and deducting this known amount from the balance so that you know exactly where you are in terms of cashflow.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDeuce Halsey
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Dot Matrix wrote:Isis, I don't know whether this will help, but...

I have a credit/debit card attached to my PayPal account, but always make sure that there is enough money in the account so that Kitely payments come from the balance, topping it up by bank transfer and conversion to USD. PayPal always takes any payments first out of the balance, only going to the card if the balance is insufficient, and then only to top it up.

One way round this might be to transfer a known amount to PayPal (say 50 USD), using this as a cash float in effect, and deducting this known amount from the balance so that you know exactly where you are in terms of cashflow.
This is the way PayPal behaves for me, as well. PayPal insists on customers setting up a subscription having a credit/debit card attached to their account so that the subscription obligation can always be met one way or another. I could see it getting very messy for PayPal if they had deal with situations where customers with no credit/debit card had insufficient funds to cover a subscription obligation. But they should only be charging your credit card in cases where you don't have a sufficient account balance to cover the subscription payment.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Hi Ilan, I sent the info you requested to "contact@kitely.com." :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Miriam I now received it and replied to it :-)

Just FYI for other people:

The email from PayPal includes a "Note to seller" that indicates that the subscription was suspended because Kitely used your KC balance to pay this month ("Using Kitely Credits to pay for the subscription"). We'll see if we can make that message more clear in the future.

In any case, your PayPal subscription wasn't canceled it was just suspended until we need to bill you again and you don't have enough KC in your account to pay for the subscription.

I hope that clarifies things :-)