Paying for Premium

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Isis Ophelia

Paying for Premium

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I have almost enough KC to pay for Premium, but not enough.

My settings are now to pay for a Plan in US$ or in KC. While the system sees the KC I've got, it doesn't sees the US$ dollars I got.

If you could make it possible that we can use the US$ we got in our account to pay for any plan it would be great. The dollars would be moving internally from my account to yours and therefore wouldn't need to wait the 45 on hold period to use them.

Do you think this could be make possible? Thank you
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Re: Paying for Premium

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

It's an interesting idea as long as you have enough cleared USD in your Kitely Market account to cover the entire cost. The problem is that while we can suspend charging a PayPal account for a month, PayPal doesn't allow us to change the charge amount for an existing subscription. That is why when people want to change their paid services we're forced to send them to PayPal to create a new PayPal subscription for the new services to replace the one they had for their existing services.

Implementing the feature you asked for would also require us to connect our billing system to the marketplace payout system. While feasible, that would require us to spend more development resources to do than is justified by the number of merchants who would currently benefit from that capability.
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Hi Ilan, I notice my PayPal subscription was cancelled and payment was taken out in KC. That's okay. Are you going to continue to accept KC? What do I need to do from here? Miriam
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miriam,

We continue to accept KC for payment for all our services so if you have enough of them and set up your account properly we'll never actually charge your PayPal account for our own services (you will still be sent to pay via PayPal if you buy something from Kitely Market that is listed in USD).

I recommend you therefore go to your Settings page and change your payment method to "PayPal, or Kitely Credits whenever possible". This will create a new PayPal subscription we can use to charge you for your current subscription in case your account doesn't have enough KC to pay for it when we attempt billing on the 1st of each month.
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Those are the current settings, Ilan, and have been for some time.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you sure your PayPal subscription has been canceled? If it's showing you as using one of the PayPal-related payment methods then our system has an active PayPal subscription for your account.

Can you please check in your PayPal account?
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

I will. It's just that I received an email from PayPal on Dec 31, 2013, notifying me that Kitely cancelled my subscription.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Can you please forward me that email.
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Should I address it to "billing@kitely.com"?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

No, please send it to our contact address, see: http://www.kitely.com/contact