Confused Noob has questions, oh so many questions

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Freda Frostbite

Confused Noob has questions, oh so many questions

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I became a premium member and I have a starter world. I think that means I get 5 metered worlds with my premium account and one free world with the starter world account. Have I got that right?

As it understand it, anyone can visit my starter world at no cost to me or them. Is that correct?

I also understand that I decide who can and cannot visit my metered worlds. If I allow folks with regular accounts to visit, who pays for that, me or them? And are there a certain number of free minutes per month before one starts paying? Also, how does one know when one is reaching a limit on free minutes? I ask because my partner has not opened a premium account and we are wondering at what point he will be charged for visiting my worlds? Or is it me who will be billed for him visiting my worlds?

Events---- Is there an inworld searchable events calendar? I have managed to learn that there is a community meeting later today and I plan to attend. Other than that, I have no idea what events there are. I plan to be hosting some events eventually. Audience building will be the challenge in Kitely. Anyone had success at that yet? Care to share secrets?

I am sure I have more questions, but this will do for starters.

Thanks,
Steph (who is Freda Frostbite in Kitely. Please visit my world, Freda's Retreat. which is coming together nicely.)
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Graham Mills
Ilan Tochner

Re: Confused Noob has questions, oh so many questions

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Freda :-)

The Starter World you have is a fixed-price world that supports up to 10 concurrent avatars of any account type (Regular or Premium) without it costing you extra when people visit that world.

Your Premium account provides you 5 regions in Metered Worlds, they don't have to be in 5 single-region Metered Worlds, they can be in a 4-region Metered World and a single-region Metered World as well. Premium account users can visit those worlds without it costing you (or them) anything. Regular account users will only be able to visit that world if you allow them, in which case you will be charged 1 KC per minute per Regular account visitor while they won't be charged anything for the visit.

The underlying rule is that people always visit other people's worlds for free but the world manager of the worlds they visit will need to pay for it, either per minute (in Metered Worlds) or a fixed monthly price (in Starter, Standard, and Advanced worlds). Regular account users therefore don't need to worry about time, if they can visit a world then it doesn't cost them anything.

There is an Google Calendar events table that will be added to the Kitely Welcome Center soon. We may eventually also create a built-in events system that should simplify sharing and consuming that information better. You can also look in the Events and Activities section of our forums.

BTW, you can link to your world by copying the URL of its world page (you open that page by pressing the world's name in your My Worlds page). If someone who is logged into the viewer presses the Enter World button on a world page he or she will be teleported to that world.
Freda Frostbite

Thanks so much for the rapid responses! I want to say that I highly approve of Kitely's payment structure. There are enough options that everyone should be able to participate on some level and leaves what little extra financial burden there is to those of us who want to build and share.

I look forward to meeting more residents and exploring more of what Kitely has to offer

Steph/Freda (of Freda's Retreat http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Fre ... as-Retreat)
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineIlan TochnerDanko Whitfield
Lily Annabella
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lily Annabella »

oh boy,im confused,lol. i am about ah hour old and i have paid for a basic? region,costing 14.00 a month. so when i go to other regions does it cost me or region owner anything? what about people coming to my region? im lost lol
These users thanked the author Lily Annabella for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Lily, welcome to Kitely :-)

People never pay for the time they spend in other people's worlds, it's just the world manager of those worlds who pays for it, either a fixed-price (in the case of Starter, Standard, or Advanced worlds) or by paying for the time non-Premium Account users spend inside those worlds (if they are set up as Metered Worlds).

In your case, you've chosen to create a Starter World so you aren't charged anything when people visit it.
Freda Frostbite

Hi Lily-- Welcome! Friend me inworld if you like and I will be happy to show you around and/or help in any way I can. Welcome to Kitely!
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Welcome Lily!!
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Lily Annabella
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lily Annabella »

Thanks yall! Ms Freda came and helped me inword and taught me a few things.It will take some time to learn the Hypergid, :D but for now i love having a sim to play with.A sim i dont have to rent most of it out to keep,i feel freeeee,lol
These users thanked the author Lily Annabella for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixConstance PeregrineSpiral SilverstarMarstol Nitely