Is Advance Payment Possible

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Aaron Griffiths
Has thanked: 0

Is Advance Payment Possible

Post by Aaron Griffiths »

I am bringing another educational project into Kitely, an occupational medicine scenario, and was wondering on the best approach for payment. There will be a development period where just one sim/10 avatars will suffice but once we go live with students we will need to increase the avatar requirement above the 10 mark. Is it possible to pay one year in advance for the one sim/10 avies option, an easier payment solution in terms of the funding we are receiving, and then at the appropriate time bump up to and pre-pay for the next plan that will allow more avatars on the sim.

I was also wondering if this plan can run in parallel to my current account, i.e. I want to keep my own sim, not have it become part of the one sim/10 avies deal, but I do need to be the owner of the new sim with this plan as I will need to perform OAR backups etc.

Regards
Aaron
Aaron Griffiths in RL and Kitely
Isa Goodman in Second Life
Current Kitely Development: Occupational Medicine Simulation
F/Xual Education Services
Ilan Tochner

Re: Is Advance Payment Possible

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Aaron,

The recommended way to do pre-payment is to set your account payment method (in the Kitely Settings page) to "PayPal, or Kitely Credits when available" then buy enough KC to cover your expected expenses for the duration you wish to prepay for. This will configure your account to charge your KC balance for all Kitely-provided services. When you upgrade a world or add new ones the pro-rated difference will be charged from your KC account and the new monthly bill will be deducted from your KC balance on the first of each month.

You can have as many worlds as you want in your account so as long as you're fine with the KC balance being used for both your existing world and the new world(s) you should be fine. If the billing needs to be separate you'll need to manage the worlds in different Kitely accounts.