Need help with account.

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Freda Frostbite

Need help with account.

Post by Freda Frostbite »

When I joined kitely, I did not understand about premium accounts or about the free world one gets just for joining, so I took the $15 unmetered world for partner and me to try out Kitely. Now we DO understand the pricing structure and we are really liking Kitely. So a couple weeks ago, I upgraded to premium which gave me five more metered worlds. I think that means I currently have 7 worlds, 1free for joining; 1 unmetered starter region, 5 metered premium member regions.

Have I got it right so far?

Now my partner has decided to take what he was doing on the starter world and expand it onto a four-world region. So he will become a premium member and get five metered sims in addition to his free one for joining, giving him a total of six.

Have I got THAT right?

Sooo economically, it makes sense for me to give up the starter region altogether, so he can apply that amount of money to the premium membership. My final question, assuming I had all of the above points right, is where and how do I divest myself of the starter region? I am keeping my premium membership and all the rest.

Thanks in advance.

Freda/Steph
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: Need help with account.

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

give up ?
Nah...
just change the world type to metered :)
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Freda Frostbite
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

The Regular account includes 1 free region in Metered Worlds and the Premium account includes 5 free regions in Metered World. You don't get any additional free ones, the region you got for free when you created your account was because you were on the Regular account it wasn't in addition to the region you got with the account type you were on (additional regions in Metered Worlds cost 10 KC per such excess region per day).

You can switch your world between world types by pressing the Manage link in the My Worlds page next to the world you wish to manage. This will open the Manage World dialog. In that dialog press the Change world type link and switch the fixed-price world option you had selected (Starter World) to the Metered World option. Once you accept the change you will be sent to PayPal to update your PayPal subscription (to pay just for the remaining services you signed up for without the need to pay for the Starter World). Please note that you won't be charged for this month if you already payed for it, the PayPal subscription will just change your future subscription payments.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Well, duh... That makes perfect sense! Thank you!