Gold Plan vs flat-rate region

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
gene arkright
Has thanked: 0

Gold Plan vs flat-rate region

Post by gene arkright »

Hi, Ilan
I just sign-up a few days ago. I'm a 6 year vet from sl. Also last 2 years off and on with osgrid and inworldz.
I consider myself as builder not a creator as the word is misuse a lot on the grids.(which is a whole another topic ) LOL! Been tp' ing around your grid these last few days just to check things out before i decide on a plan with your services.Your grid seem to have a lot of potential ,right now to me it seem like the wild wild west of the virtual worlds,which to me is a good thing. And you seem to care about your customers feed back, which to me is a good thing.
Anyway my Question is what is the different between the unlimited gold plan for $35 vs the $40. unlimited flat rate region, to me both are unlimited, the only thing i see is a $5 differences. Please! in-detain explain.

Thank You, Gene Arkright
These users thanked the author gene arkright for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Ilan Tochner

Re: Gold Plan vs flat-rate region

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Gene :-)

Kitely plans are analogous to personal mobile phone plans, you are charged Minutes for your "airtime" (time inworld), each plan includes a certain number of Minutes, you can't transfer your Minutes to other people and your Minutes quota is reset at the beginning of each month.

The Gold Plan provides you with unlimited Minutes and 20 free time-based billing regions. This means that with this plan you can spend an unlimited amount of time inside Kitely during the month, in your own worlds or in other people's worlds (there are worlds in which the world manager will charge you Kitely Credits for visiting but Kitely itself won't deduct your Minutes quota for the time you spend inworld, see the Monetizing Your Worlds section in our services page for details). The 20 time-based billing regions you get with this plan are free for your access, because you have unlimited Minutes, but other people will still get charged for the time they spend inside those worlds.

The unlimited free access worlds, on the other hand, allow you to pay a fixed cost per month in order to provide all visitors unlimited time inside those worlds regardless of which personal plan they are on. In other words, time spent inside those worlds doesn't count against their plans' monthly Minutes quota so they aren't limited even if they are on the Free Plan.

Your choice between the Gold Plan and having world(s) set up for unlimited free access (you can do both BTW) depends on whether you wish to provide free time inside those worlds to other people as well as yourself and whether you wish to be able to spend an unlimited amount of time in worlds which aren't set up for unlimited free access. For additional details please see the aforementioned services page.
gene arkright
Has thanked: 0

Post by gene arkright »

Hi, Ilan
Thank you, for the quick reply! Oh I see,,,I get it! great! thax so much for the expatiation. Now I know what plan to get.

Thank You, Gene
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great :-)

You're welcome Gene, please let us know if you have any further questions.
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

I have a Gold Plan that allowed me to have 20 islands for free that I can go to with no time limit. I pay $35 USD for that.

If I add another $40 USD to that (to be paying $75 USD a month), do I get to allow people to come free to all of my 20 islands?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Blady,

Kitely plans provide you personal Minutes which you can use in your and other people's worlds.

The option to enable unlimited free access mode for all visitors is configured and paid for per world.

You can turn any one of your single region sized worlds to unlimited free access mode for $40/month per world. So, for example, if you want to create 20 single-region free access for all visitors worlds you'll be charged $40 * 20 = $800/month + whatever you pay for your personal plan.

The price of enabling unlimited free access for all visitors depends on the world size, the bigger it is the less you are charged per region. For example, switching a 16-region time-based billing world to provide unlimited free access for all visitors costs $100/month, while turning 16 single region time-based billing worlds to unlimited free access for all visitors costs $40 * 16 = $640/month.

For additional details about pricing please see our services page: http://www.kitely.com/services
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang