Changing account types and regions

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Lily Annabella
Has thanked: 0

Changing account types and regions

Post by Lily Annabella »

Well,that did it,i found a place i MUST go to and i dont have a premium account,lol. I want to make sure i understand these metered worlds first. I have a few questions please.
If i change to a premium account what happens to world i have been building,does it become included in the 5 regions i get with premium? I can not imagine wanting 5 regions let alone 6 and want to keep cost low as i can.I also dont want to start over building what i have been working on.

Premium comes with 5 regions right? Are they connected to each other and can they be connected to the region i already have?

Does it cost extra for me to be on my own metered region? I know for regular member to come cost me,but not premium,right? I dont think i will like it much if i am watching the clock as i am there by myself building,lol
These users thanked the author Lily Annabella for the post:
Freda Frostbite
onyxty delta

Re: Changing account types and regions

Post by onyxty delta »

Hi Lily,

As a Premium member you can be on your region for as long as you wish. :) The only time you would pay at that point is if you allow Regular accounts to access your region.

As to your question about your existing region, it will be part of the 5 you get with your Premium account (assuming you are referring to the region that comes with a Regular account). They are not connected to each other. When you create a World you have the option of having 1 region, 4 regions (2x2), 9 regions (3x3), or 16 regions (4x4). So, with a single region world you have now, after you upgrade to Premium - if you wanted to create another world that was bigger, you could create a 4 region world. Between the two worlds you would then be using the 5 regions that come with the Premium account. Or, you can create 5 worlds with one region each. Of course, you don't have to use up all of your regions. You can continue with the one region world you already created and have 4 regions sitting on the sidelines when you're ready. :)

Hope this helps!

Doc
These users thanked the author onyxty delta for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixFreda Frostbite
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

If the world you have been building on is a Fixed Price World, you can change it at any time to a Metered one:
  • Click the "Manage" button on the world page.
  • On the Basic tab of the window that opens, check the "World Type" just below the Name box. Click the link "Change world type" if you need to.
Then all you will be paying each month is the $19.95 Premium Account subscription.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

im almost there now but 1 more question,lol. i can change the region i have now to metered,and have a world with 4 regions,so can i make the region i have now part of a 4 region world,or is that region just a loner since is was already created?
and thank you for helping to make this easier to understand. since i now know it doesnt cost anymore when i am there,thats a super size help
Freda Frostbite
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

what? i can copy world? that maybe the solution,hummmmm
Freda Frostbite
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Copying the world will keep it size as a single region.

To enlarge it, first export the world like this:
  • Click the Manage button on the World page.
  • Click the Files tab on the window that opens up.
  • Click "Export World". This will cost 150 KC for a Metered World, but is free of charge for Fixed Price Worlds.
  • Wait for the process to finish. It can take a while for complex worlds.
  • A pop-up box tells you when everything is finished. It includes two links: one for the exported world file (an OAR file), and one for a webpage telling you about items that could not be included in the OAR file. Save both to your computer.
Now you create the larger world, as follows:
  • From My Worlds, click the New World button at the top left.
  • On the Type tab, make sure the Metered World option is highlighted with a thick light-blue line -- it's the rightmost one; select Size 4 regions (2x2) (the 2nd in the list); select Upload OAR (the final radio button).
  • Click Next, and on the Basic tab give the world a name (if you want to call it by the same name as your single region, you will need to delete that world BEFORE making this new one).
  • Click Next and choose the different access options.
  • Now you get the chance to choose the file to upload. Go to the OAR file you downloaded, and select that. The single region OAR will be put in one corner of the new 2x2 World.
  • It will take a while for the new world to be made.
I've been typing this from memory, so apologies if I have left any steps out. But do say if you encounter problems and people will try to help.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Freda Frostbite
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

I did it,i took the plunge! I did make a world of 4 regions and left the other alone. thanks for help and the only question i have now is,what in the world does one do with 5 regions?! lol :shock:
These users thanked the author Lily Annabella for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteDundridge Dreadlow
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Lily Annabella wrote:only question i have now is,what in the world does one do with 5 regions?! lol :shock:
you enjoy it in any way you can imagine-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...