Question about Premium Account

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Samarah Nightfire
Has thanked: 0

Question about Premium Account

Post by Samarah Nightfire »

I was talking to Freda today and from what I understand your free region you get when you sign on is part of the 5 regions you get when you sign up for a premium account.
Is this correct? I have been building on this free region and I am concerned that it may go away once my 6 hours are up? Will it be saved if I get Premium and just be added to 4 other regions?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Question about Premium Account

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Samarah,

The free metered region you got with your Regular Account will be one of the 5 free metered regions you'll get if you upgrade to the Premium Account. It will not be deleted once your 6-hour trial period ends but if you want to continue using it as a metered world I highly recommend you upgrade to the Premium Account.
Samarah Nightfire

Hi Ilan, Thank you..that is what I was told that it would not be deleted if I upgraded to the Premium..I just wanted to clarify and make sure. I didnt want to spend alot of time building only to have it deleted after 6 hours spent working. So sorry about the confusion..still trying to grasp how things work. Thank you so much and a thanks to Freda for spending much effort trying to explain to me how it works! :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Samarah,

We'll be posting an updated Services page in a few hours, hopefully it will help clarify how our offering works.
Samarah Nightfire

OK Ilan thank you. I will look forward to reading it!
Cheers!
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Samarah Nightfire wrote:Hi Ilan, Thank you..that is what I was told that it would not be deleted if I upgraded to the Premium..I just wanted to clarify and make sure. I didnt want to spend alot of time building only to have it deleted after 6 hours spent working. So sorry about the confusion..still trying to grasp how things work. Thank you so much and a thanks to Freda for spending much effort trying to explain to me how it works! :)
One major thing that it is a good idea to do, as Kitely gives this option to everyone at a very, very low cost, is to export regions as you do work on them important enough to you that you would not wish to lose the efforts involved if some issue happened...for example....if all of a sudden you could not login because you had your account access removed for being a very bad girl...poof, all gone [that last part is a sad morning attempt to joke when not having enuf coffee in me yet].

For 150 KC you can have various versions [I use the region name and V1, V2, etc] up to region name final version. Not here as I only upload oars here but it is the same concept.

Not only does this put it on your own computer [and further backed up to online storage places if wished because computers fail all the time] but you can then upload it into your own soas or whitecore simulator instance if you wish to do offline work.

Of course, here, you can only export your own content and export enabled [or that other perms things recently discussed, I guess] to your computer...but still, being able to do such a thing is unique to OS commercial grids...the rest only allow, if they allow anything, special saves that DO NOT go to your own computer....despite what they may say in their silly marketing nonsense designed to confuse the true issue rather than allow adults to exercise adult decisions.........................
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteShandon Loring
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Samarah Nightfire

Hi Minethere,
Thanks so much for the info..the new listing on the service page help alot! Thank you for all the info here and for your help :) Much obliged! :)
These users thanked the author Samarah Nightfire for the post:
Constance Peregrine