Am I Just Stupid???

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
David Deeds
Has thanked: 0

Am I Just Stupid???

Post by David Deeds »

I apologize...I cannot figure out what is going on. ;)

I have a Premium Account...for which I paid 13 bucks up front.

It´s my understanding that having a Premium Account costs 20 bucks a month. Is this right?

Fine so far. Now when I try to create a world, I get options that range from 15 to 99 dollars.

But these are fixed-price worlds and my understanding is that there are no more fixed-price worlds??

So to create a world what option should I choose??

Thanks!
Carlos Loff

Re: Am I Just Stupid???

Post by Carlos Loff »

When you select NEW WORLD you have 4 options, the last one is premium world
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi David,

Payments are pro-rated, so when you upgrade an account in the middle of the month you immediately pay just for the remaining days of the month and will be charged the full cost for the following month on the 1st of the month.

The fixed-price worlds options were not changed, what was changed was the ability of Regular account users to create Premium Worlds (the metered option), use them after the initial 6-hour trial period new users get, and have non-Premium Account visitors to those worlds. Your Premium Account enables you to create Premium Worlds and have Regular Account and hypergrid visitors to those worlds (you'll be charged 1 KC per minute for each such visitor to your Premium World). Please note that Premium Account users who visit your Premium World will cost you nothing.

If you don't want to pay a fixed-price world then create Premium Worlds. If you prefer paying a fixed price then choose one of the fixed-price options (Starter World, Standard World, or Advanced World).
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

David Deeds wrote:I apologize...I cannot figure out what is going on. ;)

It´s my understanding that having a Premium Account costs 20 bucks a month. Is this right?

Fine so far. Now when I try to create a world, I get options that range from 15 to 99 dollars.

But these are fixed-price worlds and my understanding is that there are no more fixed-price worlds??

Thanks!
Hi David! There are fixed price worlds--If you are going to bring in a class into your world, that will probably be cheaper for you. With a premium world, you will pay 20 cents per hour for each non-premium visitor. With a fixed price world, you pay nothing for visitors. Notice, though, that the lower priced premium worlds have rather small limits on the number of avatars permitted.

On the other hand, if you are setting up place for you to build things and will have few visitors, the Premium world will be lower in cost.

If you have something that might be good for coverage on my blog, let me know.
Dot Matrix

Creating the type of world you want

Post by Dot Matrix »

If you go inworld to the Kitely Welcome Center, to the east of the main landing area near the Kitely Portal (the structure with four curving spires) is a kiosk that enables you to "Get Your Own Virtual World". Clicking the boards describing the different sorts of worlds enables you to create just that type of world.

Walk round to the right, and find the Premium World board:
PremiumWorldBoard.png
PremiumWorldBoard.png (140.73 KiB) Viewed 7006 times
Click it, and the "New World" dialog opens up, with the "Premium World" highlighted with a thicker light-blue outline (it's the one on the right).
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

That New World dialog box still trips me up when I make a new world. You want the option on the far right.
premiumworld.png
David Deeds

Post by David Deeds »

Thanks for all the help, everybody!

I think I´ve got it now.

I couldn´t tell if I´m just THICK or what. :D
David Deeds

Post by David Deeds »

Selby Evans wrote:

Thanks!
Hi David! There are fixed price worlds--If you are going to bring in a class into your world, that will probably be cheaper for you. With a premium world, you will pay 20 cents per hour for each non-premium visitor. With a fixed price world, you pay nothing for visitors. Notice, though, that the lower priced premium worlds have rather small limits on the number of avatars permitted.

On the other hand, if you are setting up place for you to build things and will have few visitors, the Premium world will be lower in cost.

¡Hola, Selby! The NMC K-12 Horizon Report is now available for download:

http://www.nmc.org/publications/2014-horizon-report-k12

The credits are on page 47. 8-)

¡Gracias!
These users thanked the author David Deeds for the post:
Graham Mills
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Welcome to Kitely, David. Great to see an experienced OpenSim educator join the grid.
David Deeds wrote:
Selby Evans wrote:

Thanks!

¡Hola, Selby! The NMC K-12 Horizon Report is now available for download:

http://www.nmc.org/publications/2014-horizon-report-k12

The credits are on page 47. 8-)

¡Gracias!