Alternative to Paypal

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Roswenthe Blackwell

Alternative to Paypal

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

A few months ago my Paypal account was compromised, as were others. I have stopped using Paypal altogether.

Is there a possibility of adding a direct payment method?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Alternative to Paypal

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Roswenthe,

I'm sorry but not at this time. Using PayPal has a lot of downsides but that company still has the best solution when it comes to reducing our susceptibility to transactions involving credit card fraud. As we act as middleman in Kitely Market transactions we can't risk accepting alternative payment methods until they can promise us the same track record that PayPal has. Even if we found one we would still need to verify it supports all the functionality we need for our advanced billing automation (our system handles many forms of billing-related issues automatically).

If I may ask, how was your PayPal account compromised? Was it due to a security breach in PayPal's systems or due to someone stealing your PayPal account details using some other website?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Carlos Loff
Roswenthe Blackwell

Re: Alternative to Paypal

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Roswenthe,

I'm sorry but not at this time. Using PayPal has a lot of downsides but that company still has the best solution when it comes to reducing our susceptibility to transactions involving credit card fraud. As we act as middleman in Kitely Market transactions we can't risk accepting alternative payment methods until they can promise us the same track record that PayPal has. Even if we found one we would still need to verify it supports all the functionality we need for our advanced billing automation (our system handles many forms of billing-related issues automatically).

If I may ask, how was your PayPal account compromised? Was it due to a security breach in PayPal's systems or due to someone stealing your PayPal account details using some other website?
It was a security breach on their systems. They say that just the name/address was hacked, but after that I've been a little uncomfortable about using them.

Thanks though.