Legacy world - switch to Premium

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Allen Partridge

Legacy world - switch to Premium

Post by Allen Partridge »

Hi Ilan,

Believe it or not I'm only just now getting to the point where i'm trying to figure out the new pricing. I can see that my pricing is still based on legacy, but it seems to me that my wisest option is to do Premium - I get more prims and more worlds, and thanks to KM sales I have quite a few spare KC's laying around. ;)

But when I attempt to do the Premium, the system alerts me that it will put me on Premium + legacy. What I'd actually like to do is take my current legacy world and switch it to the premium. Is this something I need to copy the world for? or does it require some intervention?

--Allen
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Ilan Tochner

Re: Legacy world - switch to Premium

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Allen,

Your Legacy 1-Region World supports up to 100,000 prims and 100 avatars for a fixed-price $40/month. A Premium World will not support more prims nor will it support more avatars but it can cost you less if you're willing to limit access to only Premium Account users or if the variable time-based cost for Regular Account and Hypergrid visitors to that world come to less than $20/month (you'll need a Premium Account to use your Premium World and that costs $19.95/month). We're no longer offering those grandfathered legacy world options so you may wish to rethink giving it up if you ever expect it to get enough traffic to make the switch uneconomical.

You can retain the legacy world and upgrade your account to a Premium Account to get the benefits of both fixed price worlds and Premium worlds.

If you do decide to give up the legacy world then I suggest you do the following:

1) Go to your My Worlds page and switch your Legacy World to be a Premium World by clicking it's Manage link then clicking the Change world type link in the Basic tab of the Manage World dialog. Then switch to the Access tab in that dialog and select the type of users you wish to be able to access this world. Please note that you will not be able to access this world yourself until you upgrade from the Regular Account you're currently on to the Premium Account (which is the next step).

2) Go to your account Settings page and switch your plan from being on a Regular Account to being on a Premium Account.

3) To take advantage of the KC you're earning to cover some/all of your monthly payments switch the payment method (in the account Settings page) to "PayPal, or Kitely Credits whenever possible ". Please note that you'll need to have enough KC to cover the entire bill for this to forgo using PayPal to bill the entire amount.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Allen Partridge

Re: Legacy world - switch to Premium

Post by Allen Partridge »

Ah, this is what i needed to know. Perfect. So I'll just keep the legacy. ;)
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]