Clarification on Pricing for Unlimited Access and Campus

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Ava Marx
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Clarification on Pricing for Unlimited Access and Campus

Post by Ava Marx »

I've just joined Kitely and wanted to be clear on the pricing for accounts and worlds. I would like to setup a Universal Campus with free access for everyone ($40). Would I need to upgrade to the Gold Monthly Subscription plan also ($35)? I'm just trying to determine if I will be paying $40 a month or $75 a month.

Thanks in advance!

Ava
Ilan Tochner

Re: Clarification on Pricing for Unlimited Access and Campus

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ava,

You don't need to upgrade from the Free Plan to any premium plan in order to change worlds from time-based billing to a fixed monthly price for unlimited free access for all visitors, so upgrading to the Gold Plan isn't required in your case. That said, there are other benefits to upgrading your plan, so please see our services page for details: http://www.kitely.com/services

Please note that Universal Campus world template is a 4-region (2x2 regions) world so the cost of setting it to provide unlimited free access for all visitors is actually $60/month. The $40/month you quoted is for setting a single region world to provide unlimited free access to all visitors.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Ava Marx

Post by Ava Marx »

Thanks for clearing that up. At any rate ($75 or $95) it's still cheaper than ... well, where I am now. Thanks again. Looking forward to getting started!

Ava
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Happy to hear it, welcome to Kitely Ava :-)
Ava Marx

Post by Ava Marx »

OK I tried to signup for the universal campus and the unlimited but it didn't go so well. Is Paypal the only payment option for Kitely? I tried to make payment (thought I would be able to bypass the Paypal option and just pay with credit card without going through Paypal) but was unable to do so due to issues with Paypal. (I did a little searching on the issue in the Paypal community forum and found MANY frustrated Paypal users having the same problem with no resolution in sight, so I know it's not just my card or account.)

Is there an alternative payment gateway?

Ava
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ava,

Can you please provide more details about this billing problem with PayPal? A link to the discussion you mentioned can also be helpful for me to suggest alternatives that will enable you to order.
Ava Marx

Post by Ava Marx »

Sorry. I did not want to put too much info since this isn't a Paypal support forum. The problem I get is when I enter my contact info and credit card details on the Kitely payment page it tells me that my credit card is already registered with Paypal. So I enter my email address associated with my Paypal Business Account. Paypal then requests that I add a card. When I add the card I get an error saying. "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card." Therein lies the problem. It is not linked to any other account. I don't have any other Paypal account.

I Googled the error message in quotes and got 1400 results about the same issue. In the Paypal forum here:https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Add ... uage=en-gb it seems the problem has been going on from May 2012 to March 2013 with no real resolution. You can read frustrations.

Paypal says I have to get my bank to issue me a new card. Really!! This is my business card (I don't use my personal for ANY business transactions) and to have my bank issue a new number would be a nightmare considering all the account updates I'd have to do. Anyway...I digress.

I tend to avoid the paying via PayPal and hoped I'd be able to bypass it for Kitely but wasn't able to.

Sorry so lengthy...just fed up with PayPal and really wanted to get started with Kitely. :(

Ava
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ava,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Our subscription based services can be used either with a PayPal subscription, which is the recommended option, or by buying Kitely Credits and using them to pay for the subscription. This later option is usually recommended for people who can't, or don't want to, create an ongoing PayPal subscription for our services. It isn't generally recommended because it forces you to either buy more KC in advance to cover several months of payment or have to remember to buy more KC to cover your next monthly bill whenever your KC run out.

To use this option, go to your Kitely account Settings page (http://www.kitely.com/settings), press the "Change payment method" link and select the "Only Kitely Credits" option.

Then go to PayPal and log out of your account. It's preferable that you then either clear your browser cache or use a different browser with which you don't usually log into PayPal (we're attempting to remove any association PayPal may have between your existing PayPal account and the next step).

Once this is done, go back to the Settings page and press the "Buy credits" link. Select to buy enough Kitely Credits to cover at least one month's bill ($60 in your case). This will send you to PayPal but should allow you to attempt to pay using a credit card without creating a PayPal account.

If you succeeded in completing the transaction then you should then have enough Kitely Credits with which to upgrade your world from time-based billing to a fixed monthly plan.

(You've already attempted to upgrade so you should know how to continue from this point if you reach it, but if you need help please let me know).

Did this workaround work?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Adagio Greenwood
Ava Marx

Post by Ava Marx »

It worked! Thanks so much for all your help. I was able to buy 30,000KC and pay and everything went smooth. I'll use this method from now on. Thanks again. Great service.

No more questions today...promise! :)

Ava
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Ava.

I'm happy this worked for you, please remember to have enough KC in your account at the beginning of each month. You can see how many KC will be required to cover your bill by pressing the "Change payment method" link in your Settings page.

Please feel free to ask us any additional questions you may have.