World Storage Costs??

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Ken Coach

World Storage Costs??

Post by Ken Coach »

I'm trying to figure out what my costs would be if I create a Premium Account, which I am attracted to as it looks like it would best meet my goals; however, I"m confused by something i saw that indicated I would have to pay for "storage costs", what is that?
Please advise,
Regards,
Ken
Shandon Loring

Re: World Storage Costs??

Post by Shandon Loring »

If you get a Premium Account you will have 5 'worlds' included. No extra storage costs.
If you create any worlds in addition to the 5 included, each of the additional worlds will cost you 10KC per day, equivalent to $1USD/per month/per additional world

NOTE: In Kitely context a 'world' is a 256mx256m sim or region
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ken,

The Premium Account includes 5 free regions in Premium Worlds. Any day your account stores more than 5 regions worth of Premium Worlds you get charged 10 KC per each such extra region. For example, let's say you have 1 Starter World, 2 single-region Premium Worlds and one 9-region Premium World. Your account therefore contains a total of 11 regions in Premium Worlds, which is 6 more regions than is included for free with the Premium Account. You will therefore be charged 60 KC per day for those extra regions (= 10 KC per region per day * 6 extra regions in Premium Worlds).

Please note that world storage costs are world specific, so if you delete an excess Premium World region and create a new one to replace it you will be charged for the new excess region during its creation. The following day the region you deleted will no longer exist so, obviously, you won't be charged for it again. Also note that you can create and delete as many Premium Worlds as you want, without being charged world storage fees, as long as your account remains below your Premium Account free region quota.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Shandon Loring
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

Thank you for your reply. Just one correction, a Kitely World is a private island that can be between 1 and 16 regions in size.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Shandon LoringSerene Jewell
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

doh!! TY Ilan!!
and here I sit with a 9 and a 4 and forgot that!!
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Serene Jewell
Ken Coach

Post by Ken Coach »

I see...very reasonable. Thanks so much to all who replied...appreciate it!
Cheers,
Ken
These users thanked the author Ken Coach for the post:
Serene Jewell