June 1st - Premium to Fixed Price

Ask questions about your Kitely account or payment options
Carlos Loff

June 1st - Premium to Fixed Price

Post by Carlos Loff »

Hello again, I have a huge doubt

I m a Gold Plan and I own a Premium 16 Region World open to HG but I downgraded my personal account to Regular, since I have already decided to go for Fixed-Price worlds

At June 1st I will no longer be a Premium Member but I can only make an option to turn my current world into a Fixed Price after that account change already occurred, because only after June 1st the new plans will be available to select

What will happen to my world during that time lapse between my Regular Account mode sets in (June - Midnight) and Me changing and paying to turn my current World into a new fixed price world (June - 10 PM) ?

Will my world get stored for a few hours and than be eligible for Fixed-Price change ? Or should I save it´s OAR, than delete it and than Create a new one ?
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Dot Matrix

Re: June 1st - Premium to Fixed Price

Post by Dot Matrix »

Why don't you retain the Gold option for next month (at least) then switch when you know exactly what the fixed price options are?
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Carlos Loff
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Dot Matrix wrote:Why don't you retain the Gold option for next month (at least) then switch when you know exactly what the fixed price options are?
Since Ilan assured Me it will be possible to have a 16 Regions fixed prive world quite cheaper than actual plans, of course with less prims/avis limits than actual worlds, my mind was made up

I urgently need to opem many - free of extra fees - events, rentals and community projects and since everything at my world will be free of charge and I will heavily promote it all around HG, I expect huge visits and attendances, so Im sure the only way to rest my mind about users and visitors is fixed price

I wont spend a dime more on Premium or Gold because the idea o visitors fees just don´t let me sleep right, lol

In good time Kitely made this change because I was exploring other grids in big depth because of prices

Im honestly glad I can stick with Kitely and as everyone can check Kitely stood up to the new times and challenges
Last edited by Carlos Loff on Tue May 19, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Carlos Loff wrote:Hello again, I have a huge doubt

Will my world get stored for a few hours and than be eligible for Fixed-Price change ? Or should I save it´s OAR, than delete it and than Create a new one ?
The smart thing is to save an oar so you be sure you don't lose anything -- at least anything that will go into an OAR. Maybe better, keep your premium account for another month--only costs another $20. Then you keep the sim, the url, and the LMs remain good.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Carlos Loff
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

I hope Ilan can answer Me

It´s ok to have he world blocked for a few hours...

But saving an OAR will definitely be a must !!!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes Carlos, your world will remain a Premium World until we do the update (whether or not you retain the Premium Account). After the update is complete, that world will become a Stored World until you upgrade it (details of what that means will be released once we announce the new offering on June 1).

Please note that you won't be able to enter your own Premium World (or have anyone else who doesn't have a Premium Account enter it) unless you retain your Premium Account or Gold Plan.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Yes Carlos, your world will remain a Premium World until we do the update (whether or not you retain the Premium Account). After the update is complete, that world will become a Stored World until you upgrade it (details of what that means will be released once we announce the new offering on June 1).

Please note that you won't be able to enter your own Premium World (or have anyone else who doesn't have a Premium Account enter it) unless you retain your Premium Account or Gold Plan.
Ok, but as soon as I upgrade it to fixed-price it will be available again in the new mode, yes ???

I don´t need to save an OAR, do I ?

I will do it anyway but since many contents are purchased they will have to be setup again so it would be great just to be able to unlock, as is, it with the upgrade
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Selby Evans wrote:Maybe better, keep your premium account for another month--only costs another $20. Then you keep the sim, the url, and the LMs remain good.
This is good advice from Selby.

And if you are worried about visitor costs, why not just set the world to premium access only in the meantime?
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Dot Matrix wrote:
Selby Evans wrote:Maybe better, keep your premium account for another month--only costs another $20. Then you keep the sim, the url, and the LMs remain good.
This is good advice from Selby.

And if you are worried about visitor costs, why not just set the world to premium access only in the meantime?
Im not having the huge amount of visitors I plan to right now and since my Crowdfund Campaign is still running, the one Selby helped so much - thanks again - It´s important to allow any casual visitor to see the project foundations
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes, the world will become available again once you've upgraded it and no you don't have to save it to an OAR file to get that.

That said, I'd still recommend you keep at least a Premium Account until you see the new offering, why give it up now and lose that option ahead of time? Even if the new fixed-price world options fit your needs, wouldn't you want to have the option of using Premium Worlds for testing out new ideas, private live backups, etc.? Premium Accounts will be able to retain worlds they aren't paying a fixed price for as Premium Worlds, while people without a Premium Account or Gold Plan will only be able to keep those worlds as Stored Worlds.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Shandon Loring